Cosma International Controls/Automation Technician in Milton, Ontario
The future is ours to make… and we want people like you!
This opportunity is with Modatek Systems located in Milton Ontario.
Modatek is a division of Magna International. At Magna, world-class manufacturing meets vision in an effort to lead the future. We create innovative solutions. From start to finish. From imagination to engineering to building.
As a member of our Controls - Technical Team, you will maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to line calls and equipment failures. Work independently in an environment with many distractions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and safety.
Here is what you will focus on:
- Establishing and following upon project implementation; including timing, concept, feasibility design, specifications, construction and commissioning as required
- Troubleshooting and implementing software changes to Allen Bradley© Compact© and ControlLogix© 5000 platform of PLC’s
- Software changes using FactoryTalk View software©
- Implementing, working and troubleshooting Rockwell© PowerFlex© drives
- Supporting new machine builds, installations and modifications
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to manufacturing processes, information and procedures.
- Developing controls, drawing and design concepts
- Dealing with various vendors (supplier and equipment)
- Establishing and maintaining effective communications with production, quality and engineering
- Participating in ongoing cross training activities within the organization
Here is what we are looking for:
- A degree/diploma in electrical controls and Minimum of 2 years’ experience troubleshooting and programming PLC’s, preferably in an automotive environment (assembly tooling, automation, welding and robotics)
- Capable of reading and editing electrical, mechanical and layout drawings
- Understanding of robotic programming and troubleshooting Fanuc robots
- Working with Rockwell software, and a solid understanding of hardware
- Experience in PLC Networking, Ethernet, ControlNet and DeviceNet
- PLC programming experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematics
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Must have a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently and without supervision or to work in a team environment
- Ability to work rotating shifts
Here is what we have to offer
- A great work experience
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer contributions
- Educational reimbursement program
- You will be provided with up to date training & knowledge in current automation technology
- Team Member appreciation events
Group: Cosma International
Job Type: Regular