Microsoft Corporation Consultant in Mississauga, Canada
*NOTE: This position will require travel to other locations throughout the Continental U.S., up to 75% as needed. Preference is that you're located in the Canada region *
Microsoft Services is looking for an Associate Consultant who has broad technology knowledge and the ability to assist a customer with solutions by mapping a customer's business problem to an end-to-end technology solution. Does your background demonstrate the ability to engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers, a focus on the development of customer business agility and business value, and deep experience with Database technologies? The ideal resource for this position will have experience in both transactional (OLTP) and non-transactional (OLAP, Big Data, PDW) uses, with a history of successful large scale implementations. If this is you, we have an exciting career opportunity for you within Microsoft Consulting Services! We are involved in the complete lifecycle of large, complex, and leading-edge projects, demonstrating our real passion for the customer with professionalism and excellence in all aspects.
The Consultant focused on Core Database and Business Intelligence will apply advanced analysis skills and experience in principles of installation, configuration, availability, recoverability, scalability, performance tuning, etc. to define appropriate customer solutions. To be credible he or she possesses current and deep experience with implementation of large database and tier-1 and tier-2 type solutions.
Understanding of competitive technologies (Oracle, Hadoop, DB2, MySQL, etc.) enables the consultant to properly assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from, and/or integrating with customer solutions hosted on non-Microsoft platforms. Advanced domain knowledge in one or more vertical industries is also an asset.
• Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are a strong requirement.
• An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
• Knowledge of the Data Warehouse Lifecycle (Kimball) and the Corporate Information Factory (Inmon)
• A deep understanding of, and ability to use and explain all aspects of, relational database design, multidimensional database design, OLTP, OLAP, important metrics, Scorecards, and Dashboards
• A deep understanding of, and ability to use and explain all aspects of application integration in .NET and data integration with SQL Server and associated technologies and standards
• Expert level knowledge in at least one and deep knowledge of the following Enterprise Server technology areas is also required: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Office SharePoint Server Enterprise features, and PerformancePoint Server.
• Demonstrated experience in SQL Server performance tuning and administration working with Large to very large databases (multiple terabyte or larger).
• Extraordinary consulting skills
• Familiarity with Massively Parallel Databases
• Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
• Ability to build credibility with senior level executives representing the traditional and emerging data warehouse areas
• Ability to recommend architectures optimizing ETL, ELT, BI, and the life-cycle of an EDW solution
• Ability to lead technical discussions on data warehouse appliance technology (hardware, software, database, storage).
• Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the "roll up the sleeves" level of actually doing all phases of a solution delivery project
• Ability to accurately express the benefits that Microsoft SQL Server products present over other competitors is a definite plus
The Consultant helps customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. To accomplish this, Consultants foster executive level relationships. They also play a key role in employing and developing partners as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. When asked, consultants help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW). The Consultant has experience handling projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes running multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
You have a BS/BA degree and/or 3 years of relevant work experience.
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada?
At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential.
Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Software Purchase Program, Fitness Membership & Subsidy, I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days), Employee Assistance Program
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your need.