Regional Municipality of Peel Certified Dental Assistant in Mississauga, Ontario
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit our website or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Certified Dental Assistant
Contract Duration: Approximately thirteen (13) months
Up to Four (4) positions
Health Service – Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
The Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) works in collaboration with oral health team members including the Registered Dental Hygienist to deliver oral health programs in Peel as mandated by the Ministry of Health and the Region of Peel.
• Follow guidelines provided by the Region of Peel, Ontario Public Health Standards and other regulatory bodies
• Assess eligibility for Oral Health Programs in Peel Region
• Assist with case management and delivery of preventive services to clients
• Problem solve in collaboration with Registered Dental Hygienist and Supervisor
• Provide client focused individualized care including oral hygiene instruction for children aged 0-17 years and their families
• Provide dental care in the scope of a Level II CDA as permitted
• Complete required program documentation
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Prepare and set up operatories
• Provide reception at clinics including greeting clients, supporting office flow, booking appointments and confirming client appointments
• Answer telephone enquiries from the community, dentists, and school officials
• Set up and take down portable dental unit
• Drive, set up and regularly maintain the mobile dental clinic
• Maintain equipment in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions and program guidelines including sterilizing instruments
• Develop and maintain cooperative and collaborative relationships with internal and external parties
• Respect issues of diversity, ethnicity, language and culture
• Perform data entry and track program statistics
• Provide client follow up
• Level ll Certified Dental Assistant in good standing with the Ontario Dental Assistant’s Association
• A minimum of two (2) years clinical experience (full time equivalent)
• Knowledge of technical and professional procedures and standards regarding dental practices in Ontario
• Knowledge and competence in infection control
• Knowledge of the Ontario Dental Association (ODA) procedure codes
• Well developed and proven written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team oriented environment
• Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
• Competency in data entry
• Strong customer service skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Exceptional time management/organizational skills along with excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
• Knowledge of the Oral Health Information and Support System (OHISS) an asset
• CPR certification an asset
• Possess a valid ‘G’ driver’s license with the ability to travel to various regional locations on a day to day basis
Compensation: Band 3 - As per Non-Union Salary Structure plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga and 150 Central Park Drive Dental Clinic
Hours of work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday, days, evenings, weekends
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online and complete the attached questionnaire.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..
System ID: 2016-6550
Position Type and Status: Contract Full-time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Government and Public Sector, Healthcare and Medical Services
Career Level (EN): Experienced
Post End Date: 12/2/2016