ConAgra Financial Analyst - Sales Finance in Mississauga, Ontario
Build your career at ConAgra Foods Canada. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food — everyday food — in extraordinary ways, which is why we’re creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Responsible for driving trade investment effectiveness through superior financial insight and partnership. Sales Finance coordinator for Trade Investment Management software provider. Finance Analyst responsible for Regional Business Teams and Customer Business Team monthly reporting. Prepare Sales Finance month end journal entries along with administrate and evolve clear-out pricing process.
- Provide data analysis and proactive recommendations to the sales team required to make profitable business decisions and maximize top and bottom line growth
- Perform monthly/quarterly financial review (actual results vs plan and prior year). Take a proactive role in understanding key financial components in the P&L; and be able to explain key drivers for material changes in the financial results.
- Actively ensure an effective and timely month end close is achieved by researching and preparing appropriately supported journal entries
- Analyze monthly business results, issue required reports, reconciliations, and make recommendations to business partners on opportunities for improvement. Understand and challenge (where necessary) monthly variances and work with Sales to manage.
- Develop relationships with cross-functional partners and key central services groups
- Complete special projects as required
- Reports to Manager, Sales Finance
- Dotted line to Senior Financial Analyst
Potential Career Progression:
- Lateral career opportunities within the Finance organization
- Promotional opportunities within Finance to SFA Sales Finance, SFA Brand Finance or FP&A;
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years financial analysis experience. Experience in consumer packaged goods industry is preferred.
- Previous experience in Sales/Trade Finance or Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A;).
- University degree in business/accounting
- Accounting designation preferred (e.g. CPA) or close to completion
- Strong business communication, partnering, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot Tables, Macros, Formulas)
- Familiarity with AFS – Trade Pro Management Software is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects & work independently
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Requisition ID: 71241
Location: Canada, Ontario, Mississauga