Premium Retail Services Instructional Designer in Mississauga, Ontario
Premium Retail Services is looking for Instructional Designers that are passionate and driven education professionals with a desire to help others transform their homes, business and lives with technology. Are you passionate about mobile tech and how it benefits your life? Do you want to help shape the future? Are you serious about creating content and building brand presence? Can your skills and adaptability elevate a top recognized brand that is known for continuous innovation?
We’re looking for an outgoing, dynamic instructional designer and trainer that can create the training experience, hit the ground running and keep up in a fast paced industry. You’re an influencer and able to apply the traditional learning and development practices to the ever changing technology landscape our client’s mobile devices bring to life. If you’re savvy with mobile devices and the technology that fuels them, and look for ways to use the platforms to enhance the learning experiences you create, we want to hear from you!
The training team is an integral part of the mobile field marketing team of our client - the global leader in consumer electronics, home appliances, wearables, tablets and mobile devices. The training team is responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating training that enables our customers and partners to effectively use our products and solution offerings.
The training team delivers brand product and sales skills training to both internal sales teams and to our ecosystem of partners. Be a part of our ambitious plans to quickly grow both the range and reach of the trainings we offer. Product and sales training is delivered by training and facilitation experts in partnership with subject matter experts in the areas of competition, product strategy and sales leadership. As part of this team, your role will be to create web based training materials to enable implementation and accelerate adoption of products. You will also develop and deliver a mix of sales skills and cross product training to strategic partners including carriers, dealers, retailers and external and internal sales teams. You will provide from-the-field feedback on the training being delivered as well as on the effectiveness of sales training approaches and tactics derived from field representatives. You will work towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of training.
As an instructional designer, you will create consistently superb, enthusiastic and engaging training experiences to our learners. You will develop training content for the team and materials for delivery in a variety of mediums and platforms, as well as validating the applicability of materials provided by subject matter experts, build new content for sales skills areas and communicate expectations before and during the class to help ensure learner satisfaction with the scope and depth of what is covered. You will work closely with Category Experts and Sales Leadership to adapt your content and approach to incorporate regional considerations and to assemble and manage the cohort of learners. You will be expected to work with the leadership of Sales and Partner teams to determine sales training priorities (both content and specific audiences) and what training to deliver to ensure the highest business impact. You will also be expected to develop and deliver updates to class content in the Learning Management System (LMS) and the publishing of the webinar, in person, classroom, in field and other schedules.
- Create web based training materials to enable implementation and accelerate adoption of products.
- Manage creation and implementation of the electronic delivery of product and technical training for management and non-management staff including train-the-trainer activities.
- Experience designing and developing gamifications solutions in a learning environment.
- Continuously improve / customize existing websites, programs, and courses.
- Partners with client team members to ensure compliance with training for targeted audience.
- Provide training using appropriate methodologies, such as one-on-one, classroom, and e-learning / multi-media training.
- Manage, coordinate and provide logistical support for product and technical education projects as assigned.
- Analyze self-paced, multimedia and web based solutions to enhance and provide alternatives to current product education and technical or product training programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in adult education, training/development or academic teaching required.
- 3+ years of experience in authoring tool applications for learning management system hosting required.
- 3+ years of experience in design and development of written training materials, manuals, guide books, job aids, etc.
- CSS design with a good sense of visual communication.
- Strong experience with a CMS (Joomls, Drupal, Wordpress) or eLearning tools such as Articulate, Lectora, Adobe Fireworks/Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Captivate, Flash media and media converters, audio editors and converters, video editing software, DVD authoring software, Learning Management System administration.
- Familiar with SCORM and AICC guidelines.
- Experience working with IT channel partners.
Today's consumer has more buying choices than ever. Smart retailers and manufacturers need every edge to compete in today's marketplace. Premium Retail Services is that edge.
Premium acts as an extension of retailers and manufacturers in stores nationwide, ensuring shelves are stocked, product knowledge is conveyed, and technology is solving common retail challenges. And we've been doing it since 1985.
So no matter the product or category - from vitamins to video games - Premium provides the people, programs and technology to deliver.
Premium Retail Services. Results are in store.
Retail experience? Check. An unbeatable work ethic? Check. A burning desire to be part of a team absolutely dedicated to delivering results for a who's who roster of clients? Check.
You might be Premium material.
Family owned and operated, Premium's strong and steady growth has made us an industry leader in retail merchandising, assisted sales, field marketing and retail technologies.
From our corporate headquarters in the suburbs of St. Louis to the thousands of Premium field representatives working in stores all across the country, the company offers exciting career opportunities in a variety of retail disciplines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED | E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
Market: (CAN) ON, Toronto
Rep City/Location: Mississauga