Robert Half Accountemps Payroll Supervisor/Manager in Mississauga, Ontario
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-jurisdiction payroll, including benefits, deductions and taxes to 1,000 employees consistent with federal and provincial wage and hour laws
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Supervise payroll staff and payroll specialists
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Personally process weekly paychecks for Executive staff
- Audit T-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Partner with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union)
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
About You -
- 5 or more years of experience managing a multi-state payroll department, including staff
- Extensive knowledge of ADP and ReportSmith
- Proficient at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Must be a team player
- Must be highly organized
To learn more about this temporary opportunity, contact Accountemps today at (905) 273-6524 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #05010-0008943445 in the heading.