KONE, Inc Service and Maintenance Supervisor, Montreal in Montreal, Canada
Service and Maintenance Supervisor, Montreal
Job ID: 30135
Job Posting Category: Maintenance
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 05-02-2017
KONE Americas is one of KONE's four area organizations representing one-fifth of global sales. The local leadership team is responsible for implementing KONE strategy in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
This position will be working out of the KONE Montreal office located at the following location:
3330 Rue De Miniac
We are looking for
KONE is looking for a new Service and Maintenance Supervisor in our Montreal Branch.
Must be perfectly bilingual and be able to communicate in both French and English.
The Service and Maintenance supervisor’s role is to plan, manage and control the field service operations in their area, according to the service contract requirements, the company policies and the KONE processes. They are the first point of contact for all technical or operational issues raised by any customer whose equipments they have been assigned. They will also the first point of contact for their technicians.
They are accountable for the costs of the maintenance field operations (callouts, service repairs, planned maintenance), as well as for the revenues of callout and service repairs sales. Where there is no Tendered Repair Supervisor (e.g. in the area with low density of equipments). They are also accountable for the field costs of the Tendered Repair sales.
They interact with the customers and the end-users, inspectors and consultants, the technicians, their manager, the sales persons, the KONE Customer Care Centre, technical support, the spare back-office administrator and purchasing department, the invoicing team, the HR team.
Your main Responsibilities
• Responsible for the direct day to day supervision, scheduling, direction, hiring and discipline of the field forces
• Responsible for attending all of the sites we are currently working on and will attend regular site meetings for branch projects
• Responsible for Coordination of tooling purchase
• As required will be responsible for the assignment of duties to the Field Operations Support Person
• Responsible for participating in the field payroll process including approval of time tickets
• Responsible for working and supporting the members of the branch (including but not limited to supporting sales, supporting accounts payable and receivables).
• Responsible for adherence to KONE health and safety policies and procedures and all safety relevant legislation
• Supervise routing (loading jobs, appropriate backups, and 100% jobs). Determine the layout for the best geographical service routes coupled with manpower qualifications to keep travel time and expenses to a minimum.
• Review callbacks daily. Assure that mechanics comply with check out procedure (the time the job was completed and the callback code).
• Complete quality audits and customer contacts regularly. Audit jobs, visit with customer, and complete appropriate forms. Review information with the route mechanic.
• Inspect all maintenance job sites periodically to insure that they are being maintained in accordance with KONE Inc. policies and standards.
• Assure regular examinations made on all jobs comply with contract agreement. This also includes the free service period of a new installation and modernization.
• Order materials for repair jobs to be available for crews when work is scheduled.
• Assist maintenance mechanics on any job on which they may be having trouble.
• Review all contractual service reports to insure proper gross profit level .
• Survey equipment for preparation of maintenance, modernization and repair estimates.
Skills, Education and Experience
To be successful in this job, we expect you to have
• CEIEP training completed - preference will be given to persons with at least 5 years of progressive elevator experience
• Ability to utilize Windows e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet and project scheduling programs.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and letters.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
KONE offers the following:
A competitive annual salary
A bonus plan that could earn you up to 25% of your annual salary
The use of a Company Car
A defined contribution pension plan
A comprehensive group health and dental plan
A training program specifically designed for service and maintenance supervisors