Canadian National Railway Company Portfolio Manager, Credit Risk & Escalations in Montreal, Quebec
CN is looking for an energetic and adaptable individual to fill the role of Portfolio Manager, Credit Risk & Escalations within its Accounting Department in Montreal.
This position is responsible for the entire end-to-end credit and escalation functions for a portfolio of customers; ensuring compliance to policy and that credit risk is mitigated and minimized. This position is highly visible and requires a dynamic team-player with the ability to prioritize, plan and interact with internal and external customers, and to perform and interpret financial risk assessments.
Be responsible for a portfolio of customers from one or several business units. As a Credit Risk & Escalations Portfolio Manager, the selected candidate will be required to perform the following tasks for his or her portfolio:
- Credit adjudication on new customers applying for credit with CN.
- Conduct credit reviews on existing accounts to determine level of risk and required line of credit. Take or recommend corrective action to mitigate risk when necessary.
- Ensure proper compliance of CN's Accounts Receivable and Credit policies; including proper delegation of authority and segregation of duties.
- Monitor credit risk updates, economic news and financial indicators for customers and industries within the portfolio.
- Research relevant market intelligence on customers and industries to determine credit risk and forecast potential payment delinquency and/or business failure
- Perform analysis on accounts receivable balances and payment trends to identify and select sensitive and delinquent accounts for credit risk; consult the Collections Team and Marketing with findings and analysis.
- Work with the Collections Team and Marketing to facilitate the resolution of escalated collection issues and accounts.
- Compile financial records and reports regarding finance and credit data.
- Compare liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of customers being evaluated with similar establishments to determine risk using various credit tools available.
- Coordinate the escalation process and preparation of management reports on escalated accounts for discussion with Marketing.
- Coordinate legal files with external counsel.
- Coordinate with Operations the delivery of post-filing services to defaulting customers.
- Prepare the proof of claim in the event of bankruptcy or creditor protection filing.
- Process approved write-offs.
Experience and Education:
- 2-3 years working experience in a related accounting or finance field.
- Accounting or Finance related university bachelor's degree is required.
- Accounting designation is considered an asset.
- Proficiency using GetPaid, Core Reports, Business Objects and IRSA reporting tools.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior collection skills and credit risk instinct.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Professional attitude and very strong business acumen.
- Good understanding of CN's business and order-to-cash processes.
- Ability to track market and industry trends and correlate to credit risk.
- Experience facilitatingaccounts receivablecollection and problem resolution.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Planning and organization skills including the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to participate and lead projects or initiatives.
- Deadline focused and results oriented.
Auto req ID: 7173BR