VMware PSO NSX Technical Account Specialist - Montreal (bilingual) in Montreal, Quebec
VMware NSX Technical Account Specialist (TAS)
Want to join an innovative team of Customer Advocates?
Want to help change the future of IT?
Want to join a top rated company: Fortune 100 Best Places to Work?
VMware TAMS love their jobs – apply to learn more and find out why!
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html
We want to hire epic people who match our culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and own your future.
A Fulfilling and Agile Work Environment
You will consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and return on investment of VMware solutions. You are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting customer success.
You will engage resources across the entire VMware organization (sales, product management, R&D, and support). You will proactively expand adoption of VMware solutions within accounts by driving relationships at every level, both internally and externally, to influence positive change. In addition to the customer facing activities, TAMs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams and contribute to TAM program development activities.
* Group Description *
Network Technical Account Specialists (NSX TAS) provide unrivaled product knowledge and proven skills to help large organizations streamline deployment and improve operations of their VMware NSX platform. Backed by the resources of the entire VMware organization and armed with best practices, TASs are responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMware’s largest and most strategic customers. These customers are typically large enterprise accounts adopting VMware’s Network Virtualization and Security vision across their data centers. TASs develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders including customer executives, CIO, CTO, Line of Business leaders and IT Directors to ensure that the customer continues their standardization on VMware networking technology. Additionally, TASs become the customer’s central point of contact into VMware’s Networking and Security business unit. As such, the TAS’s technical abilities will be critical in recommending solutions, identifying opportunities, mitigating issues and providing technical guidance to a defined account or set of accounts.
* Job Description *
TASs consult closely with customers to ensure their satisfaction and ROI with the VMware Network Virtualization platform. They are the customer’s primary liaison into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting the productive use of VMware solutions, including but not limited to NSX. TASs must engage resources across the entire VMware organization when necessary. In addition, TASs proactively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology solutions and influence change. In addition to customer facing activities, TASs report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams while contributing to the overall TAM program development.
* Responsibilities *
• Establish long-term relationships within assigned accounts while developing an understanding of the client’s strategic goals and overall impact on business results.
• Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer’s Network Virtualization and major VMware initiatives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, product management and support staff.
• Map additional VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements
• Maintain a current knowledge of VMware’s networking and security solutions, along with a high-level technical knowledge of VMware’s product line and future product direction.
• Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements.
• Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware Product Management teams based on customer use-cases and requirements.
• Understand the customer’s high-level business challenges while functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions within your accounts.
* Recommended Skills *
• Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (preferably with a management consulting, IT vendor or professional services organization).
• Must be a fast learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
• Strong technical background in advanced networking and security (preferably with technical certifications). Additionally, a background in data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture is preferred.
• Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Must be effective working independently and in a team setting.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing client demands.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel.
• The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
• VMware virtualization, networking and security products, solutions, and services.
• Network Security Tools and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones.
• Network components and concepts such as:
• Routers, switches, load balancers, and other networking and security components from a variety of vendors.
• Virtual networking components such as VSG, Nexus 1000V, and dVS
• Networking protocols such as BGP & OSPF
• VLANs, VPN, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, IP subnetting, and network design.
• Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
• Experience with integrating heterogeneous networking and security environments
• Understanding of modern IT and DevOps production data center and Cloud (ISP/ASP) operations.
• Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning
Diversity at VMware
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application.
With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, more than 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at careers.vmware.com.
Montreal, QC, Canada
PSO NSX Technical Account Specialist - Montreal (bilingual)
Home Office - Canada
Is this a remote or multiple location position?:
LinkedIn Recruiter Account Email:
Level of Job (LinkedIn):