United States Steel Field Support Analyst in Nanticoke, Ontario
Field Support Analyst
Auto req ID7685BR
State/ProvinceCA - ON
Work Location - CityNanticoke
Mid-LevelU. S. Steel Canada Operations
Company OverviewU. S. Steel Canada’s operations are efficient and high tech and our customer focus is intense. We’ve been making steel for more than 100 years, always with an eye to making it better, faster and more cost effectively. From the high-strength, light-weight steels that make automobiles sleeker, safer and more fuel efficient, to the polished surfaces of the appliances you use every day, to the steel framing and roofs that make our homes stronger and safer, our products do things that no other material can.
At U. S. Steel Canada, our strength is our people. Our dedicated, diverse and innovative employees contribute to our company in creative ways every day and have helped us maintain our position as a leading steel producer.
U. S. Steel Canada has a Vision for the future – Making Steel. World Competitive. Building Value. – and we are seeking talented, motivated, and creative people like you to help us achieve it.
Job DescriptionU. S. Steel Canada has an immediate opening for a Field Support Analyst in the Facility Infrastructure Support (FIS) Department.
The Field Support Analyst is responsible for supporting general infrastructure technology and services at the U. S. Steel Canada facilities. Safety is the Core Value of U. S. Steel Canada; the Support Analyst will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• General support for all PC, printer, MFD, mobile terminal, tag printer , BlackBerry, cellular phone, VOIP phone and software issues including daily customer service and problem ticket management
• Coordinate daily FIS support activities with local contracted resources and business areas
• Manage FIS inventory and computer equipment lifecycles
• Gather requirements and respond to customer requests
• General project management
• 24/7 off-hours support including weekends and evenings, as required.
• Be able to lift 50lbs and have the physical fitness necessary to work in a heavy industry environment
• Strong working knowledge of installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades to all Windows desktop-based operating systems
• Hands on troubleshooting of mobile Blackberry cellular devices with Blackberry Enterprise Server
• Hands on troubleshooting of common smartphone and tablet devices
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products and tool sets
• Experience with network cabling, switches, hubs, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS , VPN and WiFi
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Please click on the following link http://www.ussteel.com/uss/portal/home/careers/jobopportunities , and apply to Field Support Analyst.
All of our open positions are posted on our website at www.ussteel.com. Only applications submitted through our website will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in employment at U. S. Steel Canada.
Equal Employment OpportunityIn accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, U. S. Steel Canada is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Apply to job Save to cart View similar jobs