United States Steel Temporary Financial Associate in Nanticoke, Ontario
Temporary Financial Associate
Auto req ID7684BR
State/ProvinceCA - ON
Work Location - CityNanticoke
Mid-LevelU. S. Steel Canada Operations
Company OverviewSteel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.
Job DescriptionU. S. Steel Canada is currently seeking a Temporary Financial Associate for the duration of 12 months at our Lake Works Facility.
This position is responsible for accurate recording and analysis of transactions within the raw materials and pre – steel areas. Duties may include the following:
• review and analysis of production and consumption transactions within the Coke Ovens and Blast Furnace modules.
• accurately tracking of raw materials including coal, coke, pellets, by products to ensure proper valuation.
• analysis and reconciliation of assigned accounts in the General Ledger.
• maintenance of inventory sub ledgers within Oracle
• receipt of services and material within Oracle
• preparing and posting journals to the General Ledger
• preparing exhibits as required for various levels of management within the Finance and Operating divisions
This position will also provide analytical support to the manufacturing organization in an effort to reduce costs and improve financial results. Qualified candidate must be able to meet strict adherence to deadlines for financial reporting. Qualified candidate must also have the ability to resolve issues independently by understanding and being attentive to detail. There will be occasions where the Qualified candidate will be expected to work beyond normal hours e.g. monthly cost closings
• Prior experience in cost accounting and/or general accounting.
• Knowledge of Canadian GAAP
• Must have excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills.
• Possess a College Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, or possess a diploma/degree in Business with a concentration in Accounting or Finance.
• Preferred candidates must have a minimum of two years experience in a corporate or plant accounting environment.
• Experience with Oracle general ledger modules is a plus.
• High attention to detail and the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong communication, writing, interpersonal, organizational skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time lines is essential
Competency SummaryAs an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.
Equal Employment OpportunityIn accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, U. S. Steel Canada is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Apply to job Save to cart View similar jobs