Matrix Service Company HSE Professional in Napanee, Ontario
CompanyMatrix NAC Canada
DescriptionMNAC Site/Project Environmental Professional
• Leads environmental activities on project site to anticipate, evaluate and control environmental hazards
• Inspects potential environmental impact areas such as storm water runoff, sedimentation ponds, containment areas, waste accumulation areas, hazardous/non-hazardous waste accumulation sites, fueling stations, and air emission sources to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Observes work practices that may impact environmental protection and provides corrective coaching and feedback to craft workers and management/supervision.
• Ensures adequate supplies needed for environmental protection are present on site: drums, booms, absorbent pads, containment/clean-up equipment.
• Collects required samples following the requirements for the collection and sample preservation process.
• Completes required documentation for audits or inspections, and corrective action closure.
• Compiles and submits required environmental reports under the direction of the site HSE leader.
• Investigates environmental events to determine root causes (in conjunction with Operations leadership team).
• May conduct training on environmental issues and demonstrate use of equipment.
• Tests and calibrates instruments as needed, and keeps them maintained.
• Develops and monitors environmental emergency action plans.
• Recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent adverse environmental impact.
• Identify approaches to reduce environmental footprint, such as work planning, equipment and other techniques
• Select effective and cost-conscious control measures based on hierarchy of controls
• Review and approve new materials, such as chemicals, coatings, solvents, etc. which could have environmental impact
• Support business initiatives including project proposal development, risk analysis, and audits/inspections
• Establish relationships to support meeting and exceeding customer environmental expectations
• Conduct environmental training and outreach initiatives
• Work with supply chain, operations, project controls, consultants and subcontractors on HSE issues
• Infuse process rigor and standardization into environmental programming
• Job/project site experience in environmental (air, water, waste), industrial hygiene, chemical management, and/or occupational safety
• Professional certification in an applicable environmental field
• Canadian environmental/health& safety experience, preferably multi-provincial
• Degree in safety, environmental, chemistry or an applicable field