Solvay Project Engineer in Niagara Falls, Canada
General Description : experienced Project Engineer / Project Manager to support the Chemical Manufacturing facility at the Solvay Niagara Falls, Canada site. Primary responsibilities will be to lead capital project installations at this site. Typical Project budgets will be in the range of $50,000 - $300,000 and focus on process and capacity improvements, new product introduction in existing assets and maintenance activities. Compliance with all codes, standards and safe work requirements is a core expectation for this position.
Reports to : Site Technical Manager
Direct reports : none; interacts with other Project Engineers, Area Process Engineers and the Site Maintenance and Operations Teams
Specific areas of experience desired:
Demonstrated ability to directly complete all activities in project planning and execution including:
- complete investigations into alternative solutions to identified problemsand prepare associated assessment grade cost estimates on proposed solutions
- complete or oversee necessary detailed process design elements
- prepare necessary project planning packages to support final project funding request including definition phase cost estimate, resource loaded project schedule, project execution plan; ensure completion of appropriate Safety (Hazards) reviews. Must have familiarity with Process Safety elements impacting project design
- advocates the project through the funding approval stage
- able to manage project procurement and contracting phase
- lead project execution phase including field supervision of construction activities; ensure safe work practices by contractors and field personnel
- proper turnover of completed project to the operating unit and proper completion of final project documentation.
- Overall ownership of assigned projects to deliver the agreed scope of each one on time, on budget and with no safety or environmental incidents
- As part of annual Capital Budgeting process, makes proposals for areas of upgrade or operational improvement to the manufacturing process or utility systems.
Education and Experience Level required:
4 Year degree in Chemical Engineering. Degree in Mechanical Engineering is acceptable only if direct experience in executing projects on Chemical Processes
Minimum of 6 years of relevant direct experience.
Experience must be in a facility operated to world class standards in the areas Safety, Health and Environment as they pertain to process safety, maintenance work and use of contractors;
- have some experience in Process Design and implementing Process Safety Managementrequirements or recommendations coming from Process Hazards Analyses
have completed projects in manufacturing units that handle hazardous materials including corrosives, flammables and pyrophorics
have experience in both batch and continuous chemical process environments
- have experience in implementing projects where the manufacturing systems interface with a Distributed Control System (DCS)
have directly supervised contractor personnel in all disciplines in the execution ofproject work in an operating chemical manufacturing facility
have experience in start-up and commissioning new systems or units after project completion
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Canada-Niagara Falls
Requisition ID: GBU002803