As a member of our Bakery Team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive bakery displays, preparing and serving products and supporting the regional Bakery vision. The production position is mainly responsible for production of doughs, mixes, cakes, cookies, pastries, and other bakery products.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases, shelves, and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
- Early morning bread baking, production of doughs, mixes, and a variety of finished bakery products.
- Properly package, wrap, and price products for retail sale.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Follow department procedures to maintain supplies, backstock and coolers and to track product transfers and spoilage.
- Assist with sampling program by keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing and by sampling products directly to customers.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Follow all Whole Foods Market cash handling procedures.
- Operate and sanitize all bakery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Knowledge of bakery products, production baking experience, and customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Aptitude to gain extensive product knowledge.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and
below shoulders and squat.
Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: [[numberOpenings]]
Benefits Category: [[bencat]]
Close Date: [[closeDate]]