Telus Business Analyst II | Strategy Team, Channels (Temporary - Maternity Leave) in ON, Canada
The TELUS Retail Ltd & Channels team is looking for a motivated individual to join our team. As a member of the Strategy team, the successful candidate will deliver insight and analysis to support the long term distribution strategy and plans for Consumer and Small Business Sales Channels. We are looking for an individual with GIS capabilities along with strong business analysis, problem solving and critical thinking skills. The candidate must be comfortable working cross functionally in a dynamic, fast paced, often ambiguous environment. This is a 1 year term, MAT leave replacement.
• Management and maintenance of channel distribution GIS models, tools and data
• Enhancements to GIS models and tools
• Leverage GIS and other data sources to deliver meaningful insight and analysis to support day to day and project needs
• Identify and assess new channel distribution opportunities
• Provide ongoing support for: territory design, niche demographic target marketing and store network planning
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with GIS applications
• Proven experience with ArcGIS Desktop and the geodatabase
• Proven knowledge and experience as an analyst in delivering GIS based solutions
• Proven knowledge and experience developing solutions using ESRI products including Business Analyst, ArcGIS online, and Business Analyst online
• Experience using some of the following: Python, C#, VB.NET, SQL Script
• Experience with process automation with either Model Builder or Python
• Geodatabase design and implementation experience
- Understanding of ArcGIS Server environment and web applications
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
University degree in computer science, business, geography (GIS) or equivalent education and experience
Do you share our passion for:
Advocating for our customers’ needs and creating a personalize experience
Genuinely displaying humanity in_every_customer interaction
Being an exceptional communicator – listen, honest and clear
Getting things done by leveraging each other’s unique talents
Proactively adapting to meet the changing needs of our customers
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living theTELUS valuesand delivering on ourCustomers First commitments.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS,youcreate future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Title: Business Analyst II | Strategy Team, Channels (Temporary - Maternity Leave)
Requisition ID: PLA02708-16
Other Locations: CA-AB-Calgary