Gordon Food Service Divisional Router in ON, Canada
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
DIVISION : Gordon Food Service Ontario
POSITION : Divisional Router
REPORTS TO : Transportation Manager
Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Divisional Router is responsible for all efforts relating to managing Gordon Food Service’s computerized routing system to route and schedule customer deliveries to ensure a high level of consistent customer service deliveries.
- Utilize computerized routing system to route and schedule customer deliveries to enhance Gordon Food Service profitability and customer service through the development of efficient routing schemes
- Maintain necessary files within computerized routing system and maintains accuracy of data that impact customer delivery window and management reports.
- Route and schedule customer deliveries via computerized routing system and assists in driver scheduling.
- Maintain trip reports and mileage records.
- Answer telephone and assist in resolving delivery problems.
- Maintain constant communication with drivers, customers and sales staff to ensure customers’ delivery needs are addressed.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Gordon Food Service.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a routing role or related field.
- Up-to-date knowledge of transportation regulations.
- Experience working in an effective, results focused team environment.
- Excellent organization skills and time management in dealing with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Problem solving abilities that require use of ingenuity and innovation
Why Work for Gordon Food Service?
- Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report -
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Transportation