Johnson Controls Customer Business Manager P3 (Billy Bishop Airport) in Ontario, Canada
Johnson Controls is a leading provider of facilities, commercial real estate and energy management services for many of the world’s largest companies. We create business advantage for our customers through tailored solutions that optimize their real estate performance and employee productivity while reducing total occupancy costs. Over the last 10 years, our employees have delivered over $3 billion in savings for our customers and ensured the business continuity of the nearly 2 billion square feet of real estate that we manage in more than 75 countries.
Working directly for a regional director you’ll be responsible for managing complex customer relationships interacting with the facility owners including a large number of airport stakeholders and tenants including airlines and government agencies.
As a Customer Business Manager assigned to the Billy Bishop Tunnel and Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport terminal O&M site, you will have the opportunity to play an important role at Toronto’s award winning airport, globally recognized for its exceptional customer experience. You will lead in managing the strategic operations of various assigned facilities and ensuring the operations, maintenance, and vendor management standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. This role is also responsible for leading a dynamic team of employees integral to the success of this facility, while delivering on a great customer experience for the many users of the airport. Working in cooperation with the customer's senior and operations management team and O&M service subcontractors, you’ll take responsibility for managing overall account operations in accordance with approved operating guidelines and budget. You will serve as the main contact for managers at the client level and addressing operational, contractual and financial issues. You’ll either be leading the O&M facility staff, or have responsibility for managing our subcontractor.
University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 8 years facility management or building operations experience.
• 5 years supervisory experience in management, budgeting, vendor management, operations and maintenance and people leadership
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge in one or more of the following; energy management, CMMS, project management, life cycle planning.
• Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of a wide area of FM/O&M Business, business systems and infrastructure
• Ability to work effectively in a teaming and matrixes environment with multiple and changing tasks and priorities.
• Ability to work effectively in a teaming and matrixes environment with multiple and changing tasks and priorities. Other suggested skills and competencies:
Planning and analytical capabilities
Action oriented with a strong focus on accountability and achieving results
A direct, clear communicator
Has a track record in building trusting, transparent relationships with a diverse set of stake holders
High customer service orientation with an ability to understand implications of decisions and actions on the end user
Ability to prioritize and separate the urgent from the important and know to choose one from the other
Must set high standards of performance for self and others, leading a strong and effective team
Strong organization skills with attention to detail
Must possess strong communication stills both written and oral, the ability to make sound decisions with positive results
Creating and measuring goals aligned with KPI’s and other metrics of performance.
Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Develop strategic and tactical plans that foster a safety culture and environment for all employees, customers and passengers at Billy Bishop Airport
• Team player committed to working in a quality environment.
• Ability to travel on an occasional basis.
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with customers and others at all levels.
• Knowledge of JCI procedures and policies.
• Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
• Must be proficient with windows computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Access)
• Airport infrastructure experience and knowledge of airport operations an asset.
• Must be eligible to obtain Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) secure access credentials.
Job: *Facilities & Corporate Real Estate Management
Organization: *Building Efficiency
Title: Customer Business Manager P3 (Billy Bishop Airport)
Location: CAN-Ontario-Richmond Hill
Requisition ID: WD30033608323