Waste Management Dispatcher in Ontario, Canada
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 500 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
At Waste Management, our Dispatchers are the vital lifeline between our Drivers and our Customers. They are responsible for communicating back and forth with our Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route to handle incoming service orders, direct drivers and resolve service issues.
Communicating with the utmost professionalism, our Dispatchers interact with customers, WM customer service team members, sales representatives and operational staff (Operations Managers, Mechanics, etc.) to ensure we provide the exceptional quality of service we are known for in the waste industry. Due to the nature of our business, shifts will vary and have the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on particular site needs. Some initial travel (up to 15%) may be required to assist with centralization training efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Working with routing specialists, route managers and the service department to optimize complex routes.
• Dispatching drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads and daily factors to balance cost and speed of response.
• Fielding incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales departments; managing requests for pick-up or container delivery and ensuring WM service standards are met.
• Initiating outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues striving for first call resolution.
• Troubleshooting and resolving potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues.
• Recording and documenting information from Drivers and distributing to appropriate departments.
• Communicating with maintenance shop personnel and serving as an emergency point of contact.
• Assisting in training of other Dispatchers, when required.
• Responsible for covering multiple lines of business (Commercial, Container Delivery, Roll-Off) within multiple locations.
• Scheduling all new permanent customers and ensuring first day of service and day of week requests are completed within a timely manner.
• Tracking weekly efficiencies and operational metrics pertaining to assigned geographical areas.
What It Takes...
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education & Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. (accredited).
• Experience: Two years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement) dispatching in high-volume environments. Industry experience preferred (waste, transportation, etc.).
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent computer skills; able to navigate multiple programs and windows at once. Comfortable in multi-screen environment.
• Exceptional multi-tasking skills; experience in roles handling multiple time-sensitive tasks at one while maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Outstanding communication skills; strong ability to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone and 2 way devices.
• Able to handle high pressure environments and possess the capability to handle pushback.
• Eager and able to learn WM proprietary software applications, utilized to enter ticket information and track daily activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Normal setting for this job is: Office/Call Centre setting.
Why Waste Management...
As North America’s largest residential recycler, Waste Management is driven by a commitment to excellence and leadership. We provide real opportunities for career growth while making a difference in the communities we serve.
If you are ready for a career opportunity with a company whose real goals, values and initiatives match yours – we invite you to visit us at http://www.wmcareers.com to learn even more about this and other opportunities with Waste Management.
Sounds Good…What’s Next?
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Requisition ID: 16017072