BMO Financial Group Executive Assistant/ Human Resources Coordinator in Ontario, Canada
The Executive Assistant/HR- Coordinator is accountable for providing administrative and professional support in the office of the Chief Talent & Learning Officer . This position is responsible for facilitating the effective and efficient management of the functions of this office. Professionalism, confidentiality, and initiative in dealing with the day-to-day issues that arise, are key elements and paramount in the performance of this role.
The Executive Assistant/HR Coordinator is accountable to:
1. Manage the calendar of the Executives’ and ensure that all items critical to the business are on the Executives’ calendar in a timely manner. Prioritize requests for meetings with the Executives’ accordingly and ensure prompt responses to all requests. Ensure telephones are answered in a timely and courteous manner and messages are taken accurately. Screen telephone calls and respond to routine inquiries.
2. Ability to deal with highly sensitive, confidential information and situations in a discreet and professional manner.
3. Manage the travel arrangements and itinerary for the Executives’ including making all travel arrangements and managing attendance for meeting and speaking engagements.
4. Prepare and maintain Executives’ expense and travel claims including claim preparation, credit card payments, reconciliation of financial transactions with expense account; analysis and verification of out of pocket claims, travel claims and invoices prior to forwarding for approval.
5. Display sensitivity to tight deadlines as well as to multiple and changing priorities. Ability to act independently within specific parameters/guidelines and recognize matters requiring a sense of urgency.
6. Liaison between all Direct Reports, Full Team and the Executives’.
7. Develop and maintain an efficient filing system to ensure reports, correspondence and financial documentation are maintained and readily available.
8. Coding and approval of all departmental invoices via BMO EZ Pay system
Requires minimum 3-5 years experience in an administrative/ professional support function in a fast paced environment, dealing with moderately complex issues and managing conflicting priorities, with moderate to high levels of risk.
Post-Secondary education in a related field. Other professional related training and development to keep skills current, including office productivity software.
Advanced knowledge of current department software (MS Office). Professional related training and development to keep skills current, including office productivity software
Broad business knowledge and expert understanding of the organizational unit, its functions and customer groups
Detailed oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and expectations, and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines
Positive and professional demeanour
Strong interpersonal/communication skills
Ability to multi task in a fast paced and demanding environment
Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships
Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive materials in an appropriate manner.
Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to leverage knowledge of the organization and the supported business unit's uniqueness, to carry out accountabilities.
Ability to work both independently,
Very proficient at administrative tasks.
Advanced level PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and web browsers).
Flexibility to changing environment
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 195 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented and passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
To find out more visit our website at www.bmo.com/careers .
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.