BMO Financial Group Manager, Marketing in Ontario, Canada
Reporting to the Managing Director, Marketing for Payments, the Senior Marketing Manager is accountable to develop the overall marketing strategy for all special projects to support the enterprise innovation strategy and business goals, including digital payments.
The Senior Marketing Manager will define and drive the marketing strategy for BMO Partners, delivering and optimizing all launch and post launch activities. This role will bring both marketing expertise and thought leadership to drive and grow market share through these launches. In addition, this role is accountable for building strong working relationships with our partners to maximize results and drive the innovation strategy for the enterprise.
50%: Project Marketing Strategy/Management
30 %: Relationship Management
10 %: Change and Innovation
10 %: Risk Management and Control
Project Marketing Strategy/Management- Marketing lead on all BMO Partners projects, develop marketing plans including communication and channel strategy on projects- Build and lead execution of plan based on industry best practices- Lead a team of cross-functional internal marketers as well as external agency to ensure that milestones and KPI’s are met- Work with internal digital and social teams to collaborate on plan development- Work in partnership with creative and technical teams to design campaign launch activities- Ensure there is a cohesive customer journey to capitalize on the customer funnel- Be a subject matter expert representing marketing on large project teams- Actively contribute to discussions and brainstorming sessions- Prioritize and manage workload effectively- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and to the highest possible standard- Management of funding budgets-Relationship Management- Partner and collaborate with the business on project and enterprise strategy- Build strong working partnerships with internal and external partners- Collaborate with internal project teams to understand business and user requirements with regards to front-end development deliverables and timelines- Build consensus at all levels of the organization on marketing strategy and launch plans
Change and Innovation- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to the Director and the business partners- Create innovative opportunities to market, design and deliver innovative marketing strategies and tactics to generate profit and meet KPI’s
Risk Management and Control- Develop, implement and maintain methodologies to evaluate effectives of all project launches- Recognize new standards and partner with enterprise teams to update as required- Understand requirements and monitor overall compliance to all policies, procedures and brand guidelines for all BMO marketing properties
- 8-10 years’ experience in marketing role within the financial services sector
- prior experience managing large projects
- Strong knowledge of marketing plan development and channels including email channel, partner channels, digital marketing communications development and implementation, including advertising, social and mobile
- Budget management
- In-depth knowledge of online user experience, ecommerce and emerging payments
- Strong knowledge of digital space including social, mobile, email
- Strong relationship skills
- Superior influence skills and understanding of how to navigate a matrix organization, comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to actively engage at the senior level to achieve positive business outcomes
- Strong presentation skills, ability to tell a story using power point and comfort with presenting to senior level executives
- Active influencer of future innovations and ability to make things happen through positive influence
- Excellent thought leadership skills with an ability to question assumptions
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead a high performing project team
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize on the fly
- Results oriented
- Analytical and measurement driven
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 195 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented and passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
To find out more visit our website at www.bmo.com/careers .
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Marketing & Advertising