L3 Technologies Senior Software Systems Engineer in Ontario, Canada
The Senior Software Systems Engineer will make an immediate impact on the business by performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, and integration and testing of C4 systems. Specific C4 Solutions capabilities include integrated interior and exterior communications, networks and C4ISR for tactical maritime platforms and command and operations centers.
This position will provide project engineering expertise to upcoming software development projects and will require some hands-on scripting or software development. Ability to lead teams of software engineers on large scale programs. Lead peer reviews of software engineering work products and supporting peer reviews of other disciplines work products. Execution of the project system engineering effort within the allotted budget and schedule. Ensure the coordination of project technical development, to maximize reuse and new technology design elements, consistent with company strategic objectives; as appropriate to meet the requirements of the project. Ensure processes and procedures for analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of the project training system are cost efficient; while meeting program customer needs. Create or maintaining project/product line systems documentation in order to support either project documentation deliverables or follow-on development efforts across the product line.
The candidate must have a complete understanding of the systems engineering process from systems concept phase through systems test, in addition to a working knowledge of software engineering processes. Candidate must be adept at: Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and Software System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing). The candidate must be able to work through customer requirements to technical requirements to product solutions. An understanding of Functional and Allocated baselines in addition to Top-Level and Detailed Level Design approaches is required. Working knowledge of standard system engineering process including: MIL-STD-499, EIA-632, IEEE 1220 or ISO 15288. Strong verbal, written, and people development skills are required.
- OS Experience, Linux and Windows
- Programming Languages, Java and C/C experience
- HMI development Experience, Angular JS HMI
- Enterprise Application Platforms, JBOSS EAP
- Database, Postgre SQL
- Understanding of ISO and CMMI requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design, document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
- Designs cost models and architecture infrastructure solutions for technical projects/applications
- Strong writing skills to produce technical documentation is a MUST
- Ability to facilitate technical working sessions
- Strong knowledge of network (TCP/IP) and systems design principles
- Performs disciplined software system architectures as it relates to technical solutions
- Establishes system architectural design and functional requirements for the technical solution, to include external and internal interface analysis, definition and requirement allocation
- Establishes project development practices to achieve reliable results
Provide oversight, hands on design and implementation support during execution time for multiple concurrent initiatives and perform architecture transformation
Work with business stakeholder teams to solve strategic problems (or gain advantage on opportunities) and establish target state, transition states and baseline architectures by creating implementation roadmap composed of strategy, business, application, service, data, infrastructure, network and civil capabilities along with interdependencies and execution sequences
- Excellent technical leadership and interpersonal skills that instill confidence and trust among clients and internal teams
- Works with cutting edge technologies and innovative equipment to design, develop, analyze, and execute technical solutions in support of customer architectural and engineering development and requirements, and evaluation and analysis of current and future technology
- Identifies discrepancies between the enterprise technical architecture and systems designs proposed by project teams, and assist project teams in resolving the discrepancies
- Builds and uses analysis models and techniques to support the evaluation of current and proposed future architectures
- Identifies architectural and technology risks with the potential to impact customer or company plans; develops goals and plans to mitigate risks
- Defines IT architecture issues and allocates requirements. Identifies hardware and software architectural needs and solutions
Researches current and future technological developments and applications
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face.
Active SECRET clearance preferred. Education and Experience: Requires master’s degree or equivalent and 10-12 years of related (large-scale system architecture) experience.
Organization: *Division L-3 Canada
Title: Senior Software Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: 085662