American Express Software Engineer (4 Month Contract/Cross Train) in Ontario, Canada
/American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada./
The successful candidate will be responsible for the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems as well as implement agreed remedies and preventative measures via root cause analysis. They will assist with specified maintenance procedure for all internal Business Units with a primary focus on campus and on-site locations and they will manage day to day troubleshooting at the Technology Concierge (similar to a Microsoft or Apple Genius Bar retail service) in the Phoenix market.
Other duties include:
• Oversee the delivery of services at a user level from the Technology Concierge and Help Desk and partner with American Express Technologies team to deliver new services/upgrade existing infrastructure.
• Imaging of Laptops and Desktops
• Assists in the investigation (root cause analysis) and resolution of problems
• Assists or undertakes the development and deployment of preventative maintenance procedures.
• Ensures that Service Delivery deliverables meet the agreed quality standards of documentation and reporting
• Contributes to continuous service improvement by maintaining best practices and knowledge repositories.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of technical infrastructure and end user computing including: Networking, Telecom, Broadband, Hardware, Software and Configuration.
• Strong strategic skills supported by data handling
• Prefer demonstrated experience in imaging & resolving complex technical and commercial issues in a fact based way that produces results quickly and maintains relationships
• Ability to build effective working relationships with the Business, AET and Vendor Partner leaders
• Possess excellent verbal/written communication and negotiation skills
• Understanding of infrastructure platforms, services and AET processes
• Ability to travel as needed
• Self-motivated and driven to identify and deliver appropriate solutions
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows7, Windows Office Suite & Outlook
• Working knowledge of security tools, imaging, ITSC, etc.
• Working knowledge of connectivity type tools (wireless, Cisco Anyconnect, Citrix)
• Typically holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related fields or has the equivalent work experience
/It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. /
Title: Software Engineer (4 Month Contract/Cross Train)
Requisition ID: 16015954