Entrust Datacard Technical Trainer in Ottawa, Ontario
Technical Trainer REQ#5335
Entrust Datacard is currently looking for a Technical Trainer to join our training team. This position will be based in our Ottawa location, and will report to the Manager, Project Management & System integration.
This role will challenge the successful candidate to become an expert in the Entrust Datacard authentication, authorization and public-key infrastructure technologies. Candidates should have a proven ability to transfer knowledge to training participants through strong communication and training skills.
- Deliver web-based technical training on Entrust Datacard’s trusted identity and secure transaction products to customers, employees and partners
- Design, develop and maintain the technical learning and reference materials used in training courses including Student Guides, Instructor Guides, Classroom Setup Guides, job aids and other course documentation
- Design, develop and maintain self-paced training modules for delivery online
- Prepare and test practical hands-on exercises to confirm participant retention of lesson content
- Install and configure Entrust Datacard and third-party products to ensure the appropriate technical environment is available for participants to complete the course exercises
- Serve as a subject matter expert to customers, employees and partners
- Track and record participant registration, payments and course completion
- College or University Degree in the IT/Technical field, Information Systems, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with training tools, systems, course generation and delivery
- Minimum of 3 years as a current technical instructor/ trainer.
- Previous experience delivering classroom-based training to highly technical audiences
- Previous experience delivering web-based technical training through Webex or other online conferencing tools is desirable
- Previous experience developing learning materials for classroom delivery, including needs assessment, is required
- Experience with desktop publishing tools, including Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat, is required
- Previous experience with developing testing questions
- Solid knowledge on concepts related to network security
- Willing and able to travel (30+%)
- Excellent organization skills, strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Previous knowledge in areas such as digital certificates, PKI, authentication, mobile technologies, smartcards, or networking is a definite asset
- Experience with graphics tools, including CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator is a definite asset
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 is required, experience with Linux/Unix would be an asset
- Experience with VMWare, LDAP Directories and Microsoft Active Directory would be considered an asset
- Experience with Articulate Storyline or other online content creation tool is a definite asset
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a definite asset
- Previous experience with Entrust Authority Security Manager, Entrust IdentityGuard or Entrust GetAccess would be considered a definite asset
- Bilingual (English/French)
About Entrust Datacard
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we’ll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com. Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacard encourages applications from all qualified candidates. _ Contact Nicole Mair at_ firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-270-3490 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Entrust Datacard Corporation is an EOE/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities employer.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION
Job Title: Technical Trainer
Job ID: 5335
Location: Canada: Ottawa, Ontario