GE Software Engineer/Developer - Control Systems in Peterborough, Ontario
GE is imagination and innovation at work -- a world leader in every business it is in – technology and manufacturing to financial services. GE’s environment encourages individuals to take ownership, be creative, and to constantly improve business processes.
GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada (GEH-C) Nuclear Service division is involved in the design, manufacture, development, testing and service of on-power refueling and reactor maintenance tooling sold around the world. Today, GEH-C’s equipment is being used in most of the nuclear power plants in Canada. Check out the YouTube video of an innovative product we recently designed and manufactured in partnership with Bruce Power, called the Bruce Reactor Inspection and Maintenance System Channel Access Device. Go to YouTube and search for video: “Bruce Unveils new BRIMS Tool”. There are exceptional opportunities to learn and grow with a career in the nuclear industry in Ontario.
The Peterborough community invites you to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy life. We have an abundance of recreational opportunities, festivals, and entertainment that
is fueled by culture, nature and homegrown culinary experiences. Friendly people, inspiring landscapes, rich forest tracts, and incredible lakes are waiting for you in the heart of cottage country. The region is home to 140,000 people (approx. 83,000 in the City of Peterborough) in addition to the charming towns, townships and villages that make up the County. We offer the best of all worlds here and we’d like you to get to know us a bit better.
Please note that we are currently in the approval process of being acquired by BWXT. We are excited about these new found synergies that bolster our position in the Nuclear industry. More about BWXT (www.bwxt.com):
BWX Technologies Inc. (NYSE: BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. The Canadian operation was founded in 1844 in Cambridge, Ontario and is a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment.
Posted Position Title
Software Engineer/Developer - Control Systems
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Canada
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
• Design, implement and test modern PLC-based control systems for robotic applications in nuclear power plants and products.
• Design modern replacements for legacy microprocessor or computer-based control systems.
• Upgrade and maintain legacy control systems to extend their service life.
• Provide follow-on support and service of installed systems.
• Designing and implementing new control system software, and extending existing systems to accommodate new functionality.
• Coordinating with electrical engineering on the selection and qualification of appropriate hardware platforms.
• Interfacing with vendors on technical support issues.
• Interfacing directly with customer technical personnel to support and service installed systems at Canadian nuclear generating stations.
• Analyzing, developing and writing Software Requirements Specifications for new and re-engineered control systems.
• Writing other design, installation and maintenance documents.
• Experience in PLC software architecture, design and implementation.
• Knowledge of IEC 61131-3 languages.
• Experience in requirements analysis and documentation.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in providing services or products to the nuclear power industry.
• Experience with verification and validation of control system software, including automated techniques.
• Involvement with on-site acceptance and commissioning of automated control systems, with customer interface.
• Experience with one or more automation or robotics vendors.
• Ability to obtain full or limited professional engineering license through PEO.