Textron Senior Aircraft Simulator Software Configuration Specialist in Quebec, Canada
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. For more information visit: www.textron.com.
TRU Simulation Training Inc., a Textron Inc. company delivers innovative high-fidelity aviation simulation and training solutions to the commercial and military markets while providing superior technical support and customer service. TRU Simulation Training lines of business include Air Transport Simulation, Business & Military Simulation, Mission & Maintenance Training, and Training Centers & Services. Headquartered in Goose Creek, SC (Charleston), TRU Simulation Training has locations near Tampa, Florida, Montreal Quebec, Canada, and San Diego, CA.
Reporting to the Director, Validation & Regulatory Affairs, the software configuration specialist is primarily responsible for configuring and customising non-prototype white tail FSTD software loads as part of a quality assurance process at our Ville St-Laurent plant and at customer locations throughout the world as required, dealing closely with internal and customer acceptance teams.
- Implement configuration control of all software on a FSTD post production through the preparation and installation of initial software loads from agreed aircraft type or product templates.
- Prepare customisation of these loads to support required configuration for internal and customer testing and acceptance phases.
- Support acceptance testing of FSTDs (usually with a type rated pilot or engineer) using approved configuration control and test procedures.
- Lead investigation and resolution of software anomalies found during testing and co-ordinate support from Engineering Department resources as required.
- Support customers during their evaluation of FSTDs in plant and when necessary at the client site upon delivery.
Co-ordinate updates to template baselines with engineering.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in aeronautical related discipline.
- Proficient in C and computer operating systems (Windows, QNX, Linux).
- 5 to 7 years experience in similar field.
- Avionics and aircraft systems knowledge in multi-engine (jet or turboprop) commercial transport category fixed wing aircraft is very desirable.
- Must work well in a team environment with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer service or customer acceptance experience would be an asset.
- Thorough command of the English language (oral and written). Preferably a second language at conversational level.
- Willing to work flexible schedules, and potentially travel to worldwide locations for extended periods of time.
- Must be autonomous, methodical and structured.
Title: Senior Aircraft Simulator Software Configuration Specialist
Requisition ID: 250843