The Mosaic Company HR Assistant in Regina, Saskatchewan
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a HR Assistant at our Regina, SK location. The successful candidate will serve as a resource to provide human resources service support to employees by responding to employee inquiries and questions related to but not limited to HRIS, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, compensation, payroll/time and leave administration. Provide information regarding company policies, procedures and programs. Process requests/documents, and update systems while ensuring efficient delivery of service to employees in compliance with Mosaic policy and all provincial laws and federal regulations. Requests from employees will primarily be managed via phone and email.
What will you be working on?
- Respond to questions on standard, administrative procedures and practices via multiple channels (e.g., e-mail, phone, case management system). Educate customers of HR Services available to them and encourage self-service tools and other systems when appropriate. Escalate non-routine matters to appropriate individuals. Plan and coordinate inspection of structural and stationary assets including data collection, interpretation and recommendations.
- Support the payroll department through time and pay review, pay audits, communicating pay inputs, answering inquiries related to pay.
- Perform HR administration transactions in various HRIS applications as appropriate and within established performance standards. Process HR Business Services requests such as benefit plan enrollment forms, leave requests.
- Enter all incoming inquiries and documents in detail utilizing the case management system to ensure seamless transition from one representative to another. Accurately log issues and responses received by the department. Provide continuous status updates, guidance, and information to customers, key stakeholders, and peers within the HR functional area team(s) to ensure case resolution. Provide feedback and recommends process improvements to management. Adhere to all established service level agreements.
- Assist with providing onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Collaborate effectively with others in order to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables within the HR functional area(s) in order to develop credibility. Integrate efficiently with team members in the functional area(s), seeking input/assistance as needed. Strive to gather and share information to allow for transparent knowledge transfer and effective overall capability of the HR functional team.
- Adhere to established regulations, processes, procedures, plans and systems. Maintain and update processes and standard operating procedures. Ensure employee information is protected as confidential.
- Assist with training new team members on the routine day-to-day tasks.
What is required for this role?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
- Preference for Degree or Certificate in Administration/Business/Human Resources and/or a Payroll Designation
- At least 1 year experience working in a customer service environment.
- 1-3 years of experience in HR/payroll administrative or support role.
- Human Resources and payroll experience is an asset.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills. Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills, experience with case tracking system and HRIS systems are an asset.
- Customer service skills, including meeting quality standards for services.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Basic conflict resolution skills for handling employee situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to effectively interact with various functional areas and facilities.
- General knowledge of human resources, benefits administration and payroll; talent acquisition/ management, compensation, leave administration are assets.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The Mosaic Company
As one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients, Mosaic delivers value from mine to market. Driven by our mission to help the world grow the food it needs, our nearly 9,000 employees deliver about 20 million tonnes of crop nutrient and feed products each year to customers in approximately 40 countries.
We conduct our work with integrity and excellence, and we strive to be a thoughtful neighbor in each of our operating communities. We use our financial resources, expertise and innovative spirit to demonstrate our shared commitment to good corporate citizenship.
The Mosaic Company (NYSE:MOS) is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota.
At Mosaic, we believe success comes when we make smart choices about our stewardship of the environment, how we engage our people, and the way we manage our resources. We’re committed to maintaining a safe, healthy and respectful work environment for our workforce. And we’re dedicated to ensuring Mosaic is a place where people are proud to work and grow.
Mosaic is always looking for bright, passionate individuals who are motivated by our purpose, and who want to build their careers with a global leader in agriculture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as meaningful career development opportunities.