Revenue Solutions, Inc. Software Build Engineer in Regina, Saskatchewan
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Software Build Engineer
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture.
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest consultants and software developers
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays.
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
* RSI is an equal opportunity employer *
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team of Engineers and Consultants developing the next generation of integrated tax systems for Revenue Agencies. In this critical and focal role, you will be responsible for facilitating and performing install, configuration and integration of RSI and several third party products. You will also be required to facilitate and perform all build and deployment activities for the development of a large-scale enterprise solution on the Microsoft .NET, Java and SQL Server platform. Using your experience in .NET (C#) development, you will manage the continuous build process, develop a suite of automated regression tests and deployment scripts, and maintain system configurations across multiple environments.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
• Installation and configuration of Revenue Premier Enterprise and integrated Third Party products
• Perform and facilitate automated and manual build and deployment processes
• Troubleshoot configuration and other problems with the newly released applications
• Work with Project leadership and client management to plan, estimate and prioritize technical tasks
• Assist in troubleshooting production problems
• Develop or manage the development of scripts required to compile, assemble, and deploy the application across lifecycle environments.
• Develop, document and implement computing configuration management plans and processes
This position is based at our client site in Regina, SK. Future travel and/or relocation may be required. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours as needed to execute builds during off-hours (night or weekend work can be done remotely).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• Immediate authorization to work in Canada
• 5+ years’ experience working with Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, .Net, Java and related technologies
• 3+ years’ experience working with large to medium scale, complex systems integration projects
• 2+ years’ experience leading small to medium size teams
• Strong understanding of system development lifecycle working with waterfall and agile methodologies
• Strong understanding of the design and operational environment of n-tiered architecture applications
• Experience in writing SQL queries
• Experience or training in at least one build tool (MS Build, Cruise Control, Ant, NAnt)
• Knowledge of Version Control software (TFS, Borland StarTeam, PVCS, CVS, VSTS)
• Knowledge of any scripting language (VB Script, Shell Script, PowerShell )
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
• Demonstrated aptitude toward an attention to detail
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Advanced SQL scripting experience, preferably T-SQL
• C# development experience
• Java development experience
• Experience with NUnit and TestDriven .NET