Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Territory Manager in Regina, Saskatchewan
Responsible for the selling and merchandising function in all assigned accounts within a defined geographical territory.
The role of the Territory Manager is to drive distribution, achieve volume targets, increase market share, provide consumer trials and build brand equity to meet sales goals.
They are also responsible for negotiating in-store positioning where possible, activating marketing programming and educating staff on key brand attributes.
This position requires a true passion for consultative selling and specific knowledge on how to sell.
Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, implement and maintain a sales plan to execute and achieve daily, weekly and monthly sales targets within designated territory through excellent execution
Maximize market share in geographical territory in accounts to achieve revenue, profit and growth targets
Ensure volume, distribution, promotion, merchandising, training and public relations activities are effectively implemented and executed
Track and analyze volume, distribution performance and the competitive landscape to develop strategies to achieve and overcome sales challenges
Develop and maintain solid business relationships with all key customer decision- makers in assigned territory as well as open any new accounts
Build brand awareness and ensure strong sell- through/depletion of portfolio both through various promotional programs as well as introduce new products and promotions to all accounts
Provide customer service and handle customer complaints in a timely and efficient manner
Advise management of any sales issues or opportunities in assigned territory
Communicate all relevant business opportunities and competitive information on a regular and timely basis
Plan and administer budgets, develop business case proposals, and operate territory within approved expense budget
Execute any in store merchandising including building displays and applying necessary point of sale or attend ad hoc events in designated territory accounts
Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as needed
Key Skills and Competencies
Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required
Ability to persuade and influence others
Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
Demonstrated high level proficiency or oral and written communication skills
Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
Ability to work unsupervised
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clear driver's abstract
- Must have access to a vehicle and auto- liability insurance in accordance with local laws
- Ability to secure and maintain any local Sales Permits in accordance with local laws
- Must be of legal drinking age
- Potentially be able to work evening's and weekends
Additional Desired Qualifications
- 2 years of adult beverage alcohol, consumer package goods or food and beverage industry, product sales, or hospitality experience
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and adapts well to change
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing of a substantial amount of time that includes walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 40 lbs.