Walmart Operations Assistant (British Columbia) in Regional, British Columbia
This position is responsible for providing administrative assistance and support to Operations management across multiple districts. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or as necessary.
- Provide HR transaction support in the following areas: PCNs; Position Management; Offer Letters; New Store Announcements; Management Relocation; New Associate Files; Onboarding
- Assists with business operations by receiving, distributing; verifying, submitting, and documenting requests and reports (for example, invoices, supply requests, expense reports) against established guidelines and defined processes; ensuring company assets are protected and equipment is maintained; monitoring deadlines and communicating between relevant partners;may schedule travel-related activities; tracking vacation, and acting as a coordinator or liaison for new or visiting associates and guests.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with store managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Provides assistance with calendars and meeting activities by managing, maintaining, and scheduling meeting rooms and calendars; resolving schedule conflicts; and helping supervisor(s) or management team with planning and coordinating activities and meetings.
- Provides assistance with data management and issue identification by utilizing computer programs and software to enter, compile, organize, and maintain data and information in documents, business tools, electronic forms, and reports; identifying and escalating potential issues and data errors; reviewing data for completeness; maintaining security and confidentiality of information, data, and communication; and drafting, proofing, and updating presentations, reports, and templates using computer software.
- Utilizes business and process knowledge to provide assistance with electronic, verbal, and written communications.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices. Microsoft word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint High computer literacy Minimum Education Required: Post-secondary diploma or degree Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1-3 years