Cosma International Production Control/CSR Coordinator in Rexdale, Ontario
This position is for Deco Automotive, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Deco Automotive, located in Rexdale and Brampton, Ontario is an automotive parts manufacturing facility that produces structural automotive components for Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEM”) including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, and Toyota/Lexus. Deco Automotives’ capabilities include; Stamping, CNC Bending, Hydroforming, Laser, CNC Machining, E Coating, Wax Coating, Steele and Aluminum Assembly. We are certified in ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
- To process all EDI releases and manual releases for assigned customers
- To plan and control shipments for all assigned customers
- Monitor all releases
- Daily loading of releases, into the MRP software
- Maintain and arrange, all routing instructions, routers and expedites, as required
- Maintain ERP data integrity
- Maintain production control contact with all assigned customers, as required
- Monitor customer systems
- Meet departmental inventory/reduction/accuracy targets
- Customer delivery performance 100%
- Continuously challenge past practices by actively exploring and implementing new solutions and methodologies to improve the quality and time to market of our product and services to the company
- TS16949 awareness and adherence
- ISO14001 awareness and adherence
- Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts awareness and adherence
- Work safely and within the guidelines of the Deco Employee Handbook
- Commitment to continuous improvement and work place safety
- Team Player
- Other duties as may be required
Knowledge and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent, post-secondary program an asset
- 2 – 3 years’ experience working in a shipping / production environment
- Experience with MRP software, 3 years plus preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Accepts personal responsibility to plan and conduct their work safety in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act as well as company policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in your area.
Group: Cosma International
Division: Deco Automotive
Job Type: Regular