Teavana Corp. Retail Store Manager in Richmond, British Columbia
Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Manager
Job Summary and Mission:
At Teavana we aspire to a life more flavorful, more colorful and more delicious. We are students of the world of tea—respecting its ancient traditions and reimagining them for new tea enthusiasts.
Teavana became part of the Starbucks family in 2012. Tea has always been part of Starbucks heritage—the company was founded as Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Spices in 1971. Our goal to share the vibrance of super-premium tea with more people is well underway.
And there are many opportunities for you to take part in it. The General Manager contributes to Teavana’s success by leading a team of partners within an assigned store to achieve business results, while creating and maintaining a positive Teavana experience
for our customers and partners. They are required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operations of the store, which includes maintenance, merchandising, staffing, coaching, developing, training and managing the financial
performance of the team and store. Acts in accordance with Teavana and Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership – Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
• Responsible for setting store goals, managing partners, and upholding the Teavana mission statement.
• Articulates and communicates to partners clear expectations with key responsibilities and practices to ensure a sound operation base. Clearly communicates with the area manager and responds in a timely manner to all corporate communications.
• Drives sales and implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement operational and organizational objectives.
• Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and challenges the partners to exceed expectations through timely follow up.
• Proactively identifies problems, demonstrates calm exterior during periods of uncertainty, high pressure or change, has the ability to make difficult decisions on the spot, and coaches management staff to do the same.
• Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Teavana while recognizing and respecting the differences in partners.
• Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve sales and operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching
and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
• Understands local market and works with Area Manager to determine business growth opportunities.
Planning and Execution – Executes operational plans for the work group and manages and measures results:
• Ensures the store maintains appropriate staffing levels to create a bench of top talent by leveraging strengths of partners to meet sales and operational requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring all partners get proper training so they can utilize all tools and levers available to them.
• Responsible for operational compliance to company standards including zoning, visual merchandising, stock management, and maintenance. Ensures visual guidelines are upheld for all promotions.
• Accurately executes all inventory counts on time and communicates all potential concerns regarding level of merchandise promptly to the area manager.
Business Requirements – Provides functional expertise and executes functional responsibilities:
• Responsible for maintaining personal sales levels and has the ability to drive store results through others.
• Oversees scheduling, ensuring sales are delivered to plan and payroll budget is maintained.
• Analyzes and leverages all available reporting to support the store; including payroll, productivity, and sales reports.
• Creates and implements action plans that maximize sales and business opportunities while building the management team’s capability to do the same.
• Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store.
• Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and resolves customer problems immediately.
• Responsible for ensuring proper cash handling policies and procedures and followed within the store.
• Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
Partner Development & Team Building – Provides partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities, which builds effective teams:
• Assembles and develops a high performance sales team that works with a sense of urgency while providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with partners by understanding and addressing needs and concerns.
• Actively manages store partners by conducting timely performance reviews, providing regular feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manages ongoing partner performance using performance management tools provided.
• Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
• Implements individual partner leadership development and succession planning.
• Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results. Holds team accountable for delivering results and celebrates success.
• Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful store team, resulting in an environment where partners are valued and respected.
Summary of Experience:
• Progressively responsible retail experience (3 years)
• Experience leading and coaching teams (2 - 3years)
• Experience selling (commission based sales or small box specialty preferred)
• Experience training others
• High School Diploma/GED
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment.
• Ability to manage the overall operations of retail store independently.
• Knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations.
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
• Strong organizational, operational, and planning skills in a customer service and sales focused environment.
• Supervisory skills and team building skills.
• Ability to create a positive work environment.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to communicate effectively under pressure.
• Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate.
• Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action toward improvement.
• Demonstrates ability to follow up on assigned tasks.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, weekend and overnight shifts.
Send This Job to a Friend
For US Job Seekers
Starbucks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression,
or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of ones employment, including hiring,
transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. EEO is the Law.
It is Starbucks policy that after October 1, 2014, all new hires shall be subject to an arbitration agreement as a condition of employment.
We have made changes to our Privacy Statement, effective May 6, 2016. These changes are designed to (a) make the Privacy Statement easier to read
and understand and (b) provide you with more information about and control over the data collected on the site about you.
To view the Privacy Statement Click Here.