BlackRock BlackRock Infrastructure Debt Director in Toronto, Canada
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock has an opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the Global Infrastructure Debt team within BlackRock Alternative Strategies.
BlackRock’s Infrastructure Debt platform focuses primarily on long-lived assets providing essential public services in the global marketplace. The types of infrastructure assets targeted include power generation and transmission, midstream energy & pipelines, water and waste treatment facilities, transportation projects, telecom, and hospitals, courthouses, and universities.
BlackRock has an opportunity for a qualified candidate to join the Global Infrastructure Debt team as a Director in Toronto, Canada. The role will report into the Head of BlackRock’s North American Infrastructure Debt unit and have responsibility for assisting in the implementation of BlackRock’s infrastructure debt strategy in North America. The successful candidate will assist in the origination, structuring, execution and management of investments in senior secured, investment grade loans and bonds and below investment grade leveraged loans, bonds, and mezzanine debt in power, energy and public infrastructure projects in North America. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with fundraising for the platform.
• Deal origination and structuring
• Deal assessment and execution. This will include coordinating and conducting due diligence, financial review, preparation of presentation materials for investment committee, documentation review and negotiation, etc.
• Financial modeling: running and developing financial models in order to analyze project opportunities
• Assist in the management of investments in the portfolio
• Market research, including research on potential investments, policy, competitors, technology, etc.
• Assist with creating and maintaining issuer relationships in Canada
• Assist in capital raising for the North American Infrastructure Debt platform
• Assist in the expansion of our high yield origination activity in North America
This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to join a high profile, fast growing and dynamic business within the world’s largest asset manager:
• Significant investment exposure on projects/deals
• Exposure to an experienced senior team with strong team values
• A collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
• A strong brand in the fund management industry
Candidates will have experience in the financial and / or infrastructure debt industry focusing on project finance. Experience in North American infrastructure debt is a requirement. Experience in related markets or related infrastructure products is a plus. To be effective in the role candidates should have the following background and experience:
• At least 10 years of experience originating and executing project finance / commodities investments in North America
• Experience in executing high yield /commodities debt transactions
• A thorough understanding of project finance structuring and documentation, including construction arrangements and contracts, and off-take / concession contracts
• Strong credit analysis skills and ability to determine relative value of investment opportunities
• Experience in negotiating transaction terms & conditions and documentation
• Highly numerate with demonstrable financial modeling and evaluation skills. In particular, a good understanding of cash flow modeling is important
• Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule
• Highly rated in their career to date
• Strong academic background
• English language skills are a requirement; other language skills a plus
• Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
• Demonstrated research, analytical, and presentation-drafting skills
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, economics, mathematics/statistics, or a related field
• CFA, CAIA, MBA or advanced degree preferred
• Strong origination, execution and marketing skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Alternatives
Organization: Inv-Alt-Real Assets
Title: BlackRock Infrastructure Debt Director
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Toronto
Requisition ID: 161733
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2016, 12:00:00 AM