Invesco AVP, Product Development - ETFs in Toronto, Ontario
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
The Global Products & Research Group is a results-oriented team operating at the core of PowerShares, Invesco’s ETF business, and is comprised of three sub-groups: Product Development, Product Research, and Product Management. As a team of product experts, the Global Products & Research Group is focused on strengthening Invesco’s market position in ETFs by providing the best product experience in the industry, through the development of innovative, high quality products that meet client demand, reviewing and enhancing existing products where needed, and providing timely, sales-oriented product support and thought leadership. The Group’s expertise is highly leveraged by other departments including Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, Operations, Legal and Compliance.
Job Purpose (Job Summary): The AVP, Product Development ETFs will play a role in the development and execution of new ETFs and index products under the PowerShares brand in Canada. The primary focus of the product development team is new product design and delivery, enhancements to existing products, product pricing, reporting metrics and industry and competitor analytics.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support the execution of the ETF product strategy for Canada. Develop a product plan annually and recommend new product launches, product changes and enhancements
- Monitor market conditions and competitive trends to identify new product ideas and opportunities
- Assist senior management in analyzing and formulating appropriate responses to strategic issues and product development opportunities in key distribution channels – MFDA, IIROC, Institutional
- Perform due-diligence on new product concepts, develop product design and identify indexes to be used for new products
- Assist in the building of business cases to support the approval of new products, product changes and enhancements
- Assist in the implementation of new product initiatives and coordinate with various functional groups to ensure timely launch of new products
- Assist in the execution of department’s business initiatives, annual and long-term goals and objectives to grow market-share in Canada
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders and multiple index providers
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience either in product development or investment-related product management role
- Prior experience working in the ETF business, with demonstrated expertise working in product development or product strategy preferred
- Understanding of the asset management business, key players and competitors in the industry in Canada
- Good understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, investment processes, distribution channels and product types
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels
- Outstanding analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed; must be comfortable with establishing objectives, then working independently to achieve them, seeking senior management input as needed
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong business, investment and industry acumen
- Client-focused strategic thinking and planning
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency for driving successful outcomes
- Ability to manage priorities and juggle many initiatives simultaneously
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or business-related discipline
License/Registration/Certification:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- CFA and/or MBA preferred
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course is required
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.
Job: Product Development Research & Management
Primary Location: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto-120 Bloor Street East
Req ID: 18437