Penhall Company Estimator-Project Manager-Toronto, ON in Toronto, Ontario
The Graff Company ULC a leading service provider in the construction service industry and is seeking an exceptional Estimator/Project Manager to join our team.
We are looking for an Estimator/Project Manager in Toronto, Ontario that will identify key infrastructure projects related to the concrete cutting industry, estimate and bid these opportunities, manage said projects to completion while maintaining appropriate document and financial controls.
The successful candidate will be a determined self-starter who is highly out-going, expected to be socially-poised when interacting with clients, must have the ability to work independently and be eager to execute a high volume of personal client interactions.
- Plan and perform sales calls, appointments, and site visits.
- Target, qualify and pursue leads in accordance with company strategy and techniques.
- Create opportunities through a high volume of contact calls to targeted constituents.
- Track costs, estimating/quantity take offs.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with safety codes, or other regulations.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors under the guidance of the Lead Project Manager.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Scheduling events and activities as well as the work of others.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish all work.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Read Contract Documents such as drawings and specifications, to determine requirements or to plan procedures.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- A background in estimating complex projects from detailed project drawings.
- Ability to develop clear scopes of work from detailed drawings.
- Field experience overseeing and managing complex jobs to completion over lengthy execution timelines.
- Experience in negotiating detailed contracts an asset.
- The ability to manage a team of people and delegate responsibilities within that team including the creation of performance measures and targets.
- Prior experience using industry project bid tools, can leverage relationships in local associations and has the ability to network and create opportunities by developing key industry connections.
- Provides accurate weekly forecasting, including deal value, along with project completion and bid status updates.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Build Company local reputation by representing the company in community and industry organizations.
- Traveling assigned area & beyond approximately 75% to aggressively drive and generate new business.
- Familiar with Construction Equipment.
- Provides accurate weekly forecasting, including deal value, and status, as well as, decision makers and steps to close
- Experience in and with professional construction services
- CRM database experience (salesforce preferred).
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or other discipline is a plus and preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
* The Company Offers:*
- An excellent compensation package for our staff
- Base salary plus bonus
Location: Toronto, ON, CAN
Category: 111 - Toronto, ON
Type: Full Time