Aon Corporation Financial Project Analyst - Pension Administration (Toronto, Ontario) in Toronto, Ontario
Aon Is Looking For a Financial Project Analyst (Toronto, Ontario)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our finance administration group supporting Aon Hewitt’s Pension Administration business up at our 2 Sheppard Ave East office in Toronto, Ontario. .
As a Financial Project Analyst, you will report directly into the Finance Project Lead. You will be primarily responsible for providing administration and financial invoicing and billing management support to various consultants within our Pension Administration business.
Your Impact as aFinancial Project Analyst
*Contract/Project Set Up and Maintenance in PeopleSoft 9.0 *
- Review client agreements before they go to the client to ensure internal/external audit requirements are met and key financial terms are included;
- Working as a liaison between the consultants and the offshore finance team to facilitate project and contract set up with a focus on accurate and timely revenue recognition;
- Working with the legacy system PeopleSoft 9.0 and the contract set-up team to ensure project/contract set-up requests are completed in an accurate and timely manner, and to speak on the consultants behalf for any issues that may arise during the contract set-up;
- Monitor contract/project end dates to forecast and reduce impact on revenue flow;
- Follow up on expiring contracts three months in advance with project manager to get new client evidence in place before expiry;
- Monitor auto-renewing contracts to ensure planned fee increases are implemented (assist with needed documentation of increases); and
- Coordinate set up for contracts with multi-practice involvement (ensure compliance with thresholds for separate project/contract line set up).
Revenue Recognition and Reconciliation
- Apply the revenue recognition criteria to reconcile if revenue should be recognised and how much at various month/quarter ends based on the client evidence available and qualitative information from the consultants;
- Submit volume and percentage of completion revenue prior to month end deadlines on behalf of the consultants to ensure full and complete recognition before books close;
- Monitor and report large revenue variances based on established thresholds to the financial planning and analysis (FP&A;) team; and
- Monitor and report to the consultants any revenue recognition placed on hold because of unsigned client contracts.
- Meet with consultants to determine client invoicing requirements on a monthly basis;
- Prepare/update any client specific invoice attachments;
- Assist Account Executive (AE) in research of forwarded/advanced amounts for quarterly validation;
- Review monthly invoices for consultants and work with Client Financial Analysts (CFA) to approve in the system on behalf of the consultants; and
- Contribute to reaching the Canadian invoicing targets by working with consultants to ensure invoices are sent out by month end while ensuring any special client requirements are met.
Accounts Receivable Management
- Monitor client AR and complete any ad hoc requests for the Account Executive (AE); answer client queries on AR balances;
- Assist AR team in application of payments where required; and
- Work with collectors to ensure appropriate client contact is done in accordance with consultants wishes and client evidence.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in project administration, contract management, invoicing/accounts receivables;
- It is preferred to have previous experience working for a public company and/or service or consulting industry;
- Experience working in a SOX environment;
- Strong MS Office skills set; Intermediate to Advance Excel skills (i.e. lookups, and pivot tables) ;
- Working knowledge and familiarity of accounting software systems (PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle), PeopleSoft is preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proven analytical capabilities and problem solving skills;
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to details;
- Must have experience in managing multiple priorities, and projects simultaneously, and an ability to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated individual and directed with the ability to exercise independent judgment;
- Can-do attitude, proactive and dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing organizational requirements and willing to own responsibilities and takeinitiative; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to partner and collaborate as a team member with colleagues across the globe, within various finance disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with preferred emphasis in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience; and
- Commitment to professional development, working towards professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CPA, CA) is preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/30/16
Category: Accounting & Finance
Location: Canada, ON, Toronto
Posted Date: 11/30/16