GardaWorld Cash Services HBS Screening Point Managers, Full-Time - YYZ (Toronto Pearson) Job in Toronto, Ontario
Req Id 64282 - Posted 11/28/2016 - Aviation Services - Airport Security Screening - Canada - Ontario - Toronto
RAISING THE BAR
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide customer value continues to differentiate us. Garda is one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
This is a unique chance to team up with the Garda team, one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world.
Would you like to take up exciting challenges, be part of a growing firm, and team up with dynamic colleagues? Now is the time to join one of the fastest growing companies in security!
We are currently hiring Screening Point Managers for the Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Screening Point Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the day-to-day checkpoint screening operations. The Screening Point Manager will provide strong leadership, mentoring, and training abilities, while ensuring optimal customer service and achieving professional and productive results.
- Manage with care and control, the screening checkpoints in airports, including screening officers at a point at which persons, property, belongings and baggage may present, or be presented, for screening consistent in the manner and under the circumstances prescribed by CATSA and baggage that may be present.
- Ensure screening services are performed to a high standard in the regional airports.
- Supervise the screening of persons, property, belongings that may be present, or be presented for screening consistently in the manner and under the circumstances prescribed by CATSA.
- Coordinate breaks and the movement of screening officers between Terminals to maximize efficiency of screening in conjunction with throughput and passenger volumes.
- Adjust screening Personnel allocation and deployments at each screening checkpoint on an hourly basis to optimize the scheduling and maximize the productivity of Screening Personnel and to staff the Airport locations with the fewest number of Screening Personnel required to meet operating requirements.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, correct and discipline screening personnel on conformity to CATSA's prescribed standard of performance, professionalism and uniform attire and other issues.
- Comprehend any requirements, processes, procedures, operations, directions issued by CATSA and by TC and implement the information in a timely manner.
- Foster teamwork with screening personnel and with CATSA and other stakeholders.
- Represent CATSA professionally to all persons at all time.
- Conduct 30/60/90 day performance reviews for all new hires.
- Conduct daily briefings.
- Communicate to screening personnel about any change to the SOPs, screening operations, bulletins, directives, information or security notices or any information that may be relevant to the performance of screening or performance of services.
- Solicit feedback from screening personnel on areas of improvement in the conduct of screening and other related services.
- Ensure all equipment used to screen passengers is verified at the checkpoint as prescribed by CATSA.
- Proven strong leadership/management ability
- Proven and thorough understanding CATSA SOP’s
- Ability to work shift work in a 24/7 environment
- Adaptable to change
- Proficient in computer functions as well as Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven decision making ability
- Proven ability to produce results within a fast paced environment
We thank all applicants who apply, preference will be given to internal employees or candidates with prior managerial experience. Only candidates with suitable qualifications will be contacted.
Job Segment: Consulting, Technology
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada