GardaWorld Cash Services High Profile Tactical Guard Job in Toronto, Ontario
Req Id 65065 - Posted 11/30/2016 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Ontario - Toronto
High Profile Tactical Guard
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld has great opportunity for personal growth and advancement, fosters a collaborative environment, and encourages team cooperation. You can make a difference in a company that gives you latitude to deliver the best customer service.
We are currently hiring a High Profile Tactical Security Guard within our Protective Services Division to work at a Government Institution in Downtown Toronto (Bay Street)
Your mission at GardaWorld:
As a security guard, you are responsible to ensure the security of a Governement Office Tower
What are the job benefits we offer you? [6-8 jobs benefits]
- Regular wages ranging from $13 to $15/hour
- Internal growth opportunity
- Career path planning and advancement opportunities
- Paid on-the-job training
- Ongoing training available
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
- Interior and exterior patrols (14 floors)
- Enforce property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
- Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all Government Officials and tenants
- Communicate regularly with patrons/clients
- Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
- Make arrests and remove trespassers
- Work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: special events, commercial properties, retail, industrial and mobile positions
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- 1 year security experience at minimum
- Prior training in Handcuffing and Baton is mandatory
- Prior training in Tactical Communication is not mandatory but a bonus
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws
- Valid First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain
- Professional deportment
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada