Aon Corporation Investment Analyst, Investment Consulting Practice (Toronto, Ontario) in Toronto, Ontario
Aon Is Looking For an Analyst, for our Investment Consulting Practice (Toronto)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Investment Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt, in our Toronto, Ontario office.
As an Investment Analyst, you will report directly to the team lead and you will provide support to the local Investment Consulting team in the servicing of existing clients and prospects specialized in institutional investment consulting.
Our focus is on adding value to our clients’ investment programs through development and application of innovative world‐class solutions, backed by our experience and the resources of Aon Hewitt nationally and globally. Your work will positively impact significant investment pools and broad stakeholder groups. In addition to working with our extensive and diverse clientele, you will meet and liaise with top investment managers from Canada and around the globe.
Your Impact As An Investment Analyst
- Demonstrate your research and analytical skills, apply your knowledge to our clients’ long range investment strategies and build upon your knowledge and expertise ininstitutional investing;
- Support experienced analysts and consultants in all aspects of work servicing existing clients and prospects;
- Research investment issues and topics such as commission recapture programs, securities lending policies and soft dollar arrangements;
- Prepare presentations on investment topics (e.g. investment fundamentals, manager selection and manager structure);
- Review and amend governance documents (e.g. statement of investment policies and procedures, and terms of reference);
- Review investment structures of plans;
- Conduct searches for investment managers or CAP providers;
- Review the investment beliefs of clients;
- Review investment strategies for institutional clients;
- Write conclusions and recommendations and other sections in investment reports;
- Prepare performance monitoring client reports which includes:
- Peer reviewing work performed by other analysts;
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative data from external managers, custodians and other data providers;
- Calculating performance statistics;
- Creating and modifying charts and tables;
- Writing commentaries on the performance of managers;
- Drafting emails and letters in collaboration with consultants and peers;
- Presenting investment topics at internal team meetings;
- Keeping up to date about current financial events and news;
- Participating in internal seminars regarding current industry issues and technical training; and
- Working with a variety of investment and excel-based tools.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Required Experience:* *
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years of relevant experience;
- Relevant experience in a financial / investment consulting, insurance or pension environment working in an analyst capacity is preferred;
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter, customer-service and team-oriented individual;
- General knowledge of the institutional investment industry, understanding of investment concepts and the financial markets;
- Business and investment industry acumen;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Highly organized and results-orientated individual, strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to make decisions and develop solutions;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Strong mathematical and financial analysis skills, demonstrated ability using financial spreadsheet and investing programs;
- Ability to establish and develop relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and clients;
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines and adaptable to changing business needs;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., array and look-up formulas);
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite: Microsoft PowerPoint and Word;
- A keen desire to learn; and
- Must have a positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of Aon;
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business, Commerce, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related discipline;
- Commitment to professional development. Working towards completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is recommended; and
- Completion of or working towards the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) program is considered a strong asset.
* *We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/30/16
Location: Canada, ON, Toronto
Posted Date: 11/30/16