Citi Investment Counselor in Toronto, Ontario
Primary Location: Canada,Ontario,Toronto
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Institutional Banking
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16042661
Citibank Canada is a chartered bank in Canada and a subsidiary of Citigroup Inc, premier financial institution. Citigroup has a legacy that dates back nearly 200 years, operating in over 100 countries, where clients want to do business and employees want to build their futures. Our achievements are the result of the energy and commitment of 259,000 people serving more than 200 million customers globally. Together, we offer customers a range of quality products and services unmatched in the financial services industry.
A very exciting and rare opportunity has arisen on our Private Banking team for a dedicated and energetic Investment Counselor to join our Toronto office.
Investment counselors joining Citi Private Bank will be distinguished and highly accomplished at establishing, growing and managing investment relationships with Ultra High Net Worth clients. They should be experienced in constructing and overseeing investment portfolios as well as in delivering advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Appropriate candidates will possess the credibility to cultivate trusting relationships with the significant number of existing Ultra High Net Worth clients of Citi Private Bank. They will be entrepreneurial and capable of bringing in new clients/investment management mandates to the bank. They will have a solid understanding of the full range of investment products and services Citi Private Bank offers to clients, including, though not limited to; traditional investments, alternative investments and capital market solutions. Candidates for these positions should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of product and other specialists, as well as other divisions within Citigroup, to broaden investment management relationships and add the most value to Private Banking teams. They will ideally be involved in the cultural, business and philanthropic activities of their regions and will therefore possess and benefit from strong local networks. Investment counselors at Citi Private Bank will understand how to align products and other investment solutions with asset allocation targets, risk management parameters and client goals. Successful candidates will understand that the path to personal success lies in placing clients and Citi Private Bank first.
• Build and manage a successful practice centered on deep relationships by providing potential and existing clients with appropriate investment advice and portfolio construction solutions to their needs, concerns and goals;
• Possess sufficient knowledge (while leveraging specific capital markets experts) to identify and communicate capital market solutions such as Fx, structured notes, interest rate swaps, fixed income and equity derivatives;
• Combine an understanding of traditional and alternative investments with other elements of wealth planning and private banking products and services to optimize client service and cross-marketing opportunities;
• Able to work across currencies, asset classes, markets and jurisdictions as necessary and appropriate.
• Build internal relationships with Citi colleagues across all levels of management, as well as across geographies, product lines and divisions, to accomplish client goals and successfully grow the firm’s investment business.
• Strengthen the Citi Private Bank culture through leading by example.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA degree or other advanced degree would be an asset.
• CFA designation is required.
• Ten or more years of relevant experience.
• Is currently registered, or has the ability to become immediately registered with provincial securities commissions as an Advising Representative
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication and platform presentation skills and be actively engaged with clients and colleagues.
• Be flexible and pragmatic.
At Citi, you will have the opportunity to turn your ambition into achievement.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Citibank Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.