Aon Corporation Pension & Benefits Customer Service Representative II in Toronto, Ontario
Aon is looking for an Experience Pension & Benefits Customer Service Representative Level II
As part of an industry leading team you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Service Operations team within Aon Hewitt in our 2 Sheppard Ave East Toronto, Ontario office. As a Pension & BenefitsCustomer Service Representative Level II, you will report directly to our Customer Service Team Manager.
Your Impact As A Pension & BenefitsCustomer Service Representative Level II:**
As the Pension & BenefitsCustomer Service Representative Level II you will work as part of a team that provides quality customer service by helping employees; answering concerns and questions, educating them on their benefits, and helping to solve complex issues relating to their health, savings, retirement plans and human resource related issues. You will act as a liaison for our customer and work with them to resolve basic, questions and issues arising from various avenues such as inbound calls, on-line secured requests, and written requests from client employees and/or HR contacts. As with most call centers, all calls are recorded and may be evaluated according to quality and efficiency guidelines.
- Handle complex calls by greeting the caller, securing the call, and identifying caller need(s).
- Managing customer experience by making outbound/follow-up calls, including providing resolution and requested information.
- Builds knowledge of clients, services and processes by assisting customers with a wide variety of benefit questions and plan features via information accessed through the computer. Reviews the employee’s account and answers questions within the parameters of Aon Hewitt’s policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and plan resolution to the caller’s needs by using the appropriate support tools and escalates/refers calls as appropriate.
- Document and closes calls and creates workflow/case management follow-up as needed.
- Escalate more difficult calls as appropriate and documents and closes calls.
- Conduct off-phone research on calls by reviewing workflow/case management documentation. Investigates issues by interacting with client/client team.
- Creates and updates employee file in database via computer as authorized by Hewitt.
- Keeps current on Aon Hewitt's programs and services through on-going training provided by Hewitt and by utilizing the computer-based program.
- Utilize personal computer and Windows NT and Microsoft office based tools (knowledge of tools i.e., calculator, data entry, and navigating the Internet) to access customer accounts and product information for features and problem resolution
- Utilize the telephone system with headset throughout the work day.
- Attends meetings and training as directed.
- Performs additional tasks as directed.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Excellent verbal communications and listening skills via telephone
- Solid written communication skills
- Ability to read and retrieve data via computer using Windows NT and Lotus Notes environment
- Ability to "more than satisfy" a customer by providing outstanding customer service ensuring customer's questions/issues/concerns have been answered
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and dependable in an environment constantly upgrading/enhancing service/technology capabilities to its' customers
- Written communication, especially as documented in case follow ups, is clear and effective
- Able to own issues and bring to resolution
- Learns and comprehends new concepts
- Ability to learn large amounts of information in a short timeframe and apply past learning from calls or other experiences and; actively pursues new knowledge and keeps up with changes in client environment.
- Ability to handle high volume and pressure situations.
- Flexible and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to recognize the need to change the priorities to meet the business needs.
One of the following three are required to move forward in the process:
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 year customer service experience, and related experience in health care industry (e.g. health benefits, health insurance claims processing, advocacy, etc.)
- Associate's degree with 3 years customer service experience, and related experience in health care industry (e.g. health benefits, health insurance claims processing, advocacy, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of customer service experience, and related experience in health care industry (e.g. health benefits, health insurance claims processing, advocacy, etc.)
- Experience with desktop/Windows navigation and keyboarding skills.
- Windows 2000 or NT proficiency at 80% with a focus on multi-tasking using several windows applications at once while assisting a customer (computer proficiency)
Meets pre-established training criteria of:
- Continuous evaluation throughout training period
- Actively participates in training and is able to define terminology and navigate through computer system expediently.
- Meets/exceeds any established quality expectations and quantity quotas established.
- Meets/exceeds high level of customer satisfaction.
- Meets attendance expectations.
- Maintains strict adherence to Aon Hewitt’s security policies.
- Displays a high level of professionalism.
- Adheres to phone schedule and meets operational targets around adherence, handle time, call backs, etc.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation for extended periods of time.
- Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
- Participate in training sessions and meetings.
- Daily contact with clients or client teams.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Ability to work various shifts and possible overtime to meet business needs
- Possible work schedule rotation between the hours of 8:00AM - 9:00PM EST, Monday - Friday on a 37.5 hour work week
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/22/16
Category: Customer Service/ Contact Centre
Location: Canada, ON, Toronto
Posted Date: 11/22/16