Invesco Product Manager (14 Month Contract) in Toronto, Ontario
Please note, this is a 14 month contract opportunity.
Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary): The Product Manager is a product specialist supporting coverage of the Intactive suite of Portfolios as well as a group of alternative and multi-asset mandates offered by Invesco Canada. The Product Manager acts as an internal business engine focused on helping to support and grow Invesco’s business in alternative strategies. Key responsibilities include product positioning and communications to our client facing teams, as well as providing product expertise for client meetings. The Product Manager may also be called upon to participate in client meetings. An additional component of the role is contributing in a regular detailed product review as a component of Invesco’s oversight process. Armed with a sound understanding of the investment industry, capital markets, investment concepts and a deep knowledge of Invesco’s products and the competition, the Product Manager plays a vital role in assisting our sales and marketing efforts. Communications are typically product updates and analysis, insights, sales ideas, RFPs, as well as competitive positioning, and use a variety of media including PowerPoint presentations, articles, written commentaries, video, oral presentations, responding to questions and inquiries, etc. The Product Manager is expected to continually generate creative ideas to help grow the business. The Product Manager must build strong relationships and credibility with investment teams to attain a comprehensive knowledge of the products and how they are managed. Based on their expertise, the Product Manager is leveraged by and interacts with multiple departments. The Product Manager will be responsible for supporting coverage of the Intactive suite of Portfolios as well as a group of alternative strategies from Invesco such as multi-asset including risk parity, absolute return, and real estate. The Product Manager will report to and work closely with a Sr. Product Manager and another Product manager as a team of three.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Product Positioning and Competitive Positioning:
- Responsible for supporting product coverage, with the overall goal of improving their competitive positioning
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of all fund components – Portfolio Management, Marketing, Legal and Compliance, client exposure and sales, Accounting, Operations, Finance, etc.
- Ensure all product-related marketing materials are consistently and accurately positioned
- Monitor competitive environment, including market and industry news, performance, rankings, and industry sales flows, to determine opportunities and threats
- Recommend actions needed to maintain and improve our competitive product positioning
- Help develop product strategy to grow Invesco’s alternatives products business
- Product marketing and sales support:
- Work closely with investment teams to keep current on portfolio positioning and financial markets
- Use attribution analysis to understand the drivers of performance
- Stay current on market trends and competitive developments
- Act as product expert within the organization and a consultant with other departments where fund expertise is needed
- Provide high quality, relevant and insightful investment communications to client-facing teams including Sales, Marketing and Client Relations
- Provide product training sessions for Client facing teams on Alternative strategies
- Perform comparative analysis between Invesco products and their competitors and communicate this information to Sales
- Responsible for developing and maintaining product presentations, RFP materials, and other product-related marketing material
- In depth knowledge of the performance and risk characteristics of funds:
- Investment philosophy and process
- Product structure and design
- Portfolio holdings and activity
- Performance versus peer group and benchmark
- Risk metrics, portfolio construction
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5-7 years of experience in the financial services industry, with at least two years of product management experience on investment products
- Institutional market experience preferred
- Strong PC skills (proficiency with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Morningstar software products, Mercer, eVestment and Zephyr StyleAdvisor is preferred)
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment concepts and styles
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- The ability to independently identify problems, opportunities and obstacles and take appropriate action or seek manager’s input as needed
- The ability and drive to set and meet targets, and to exceed standards and expectations
- The ability to understand and make judgments about a situation, issue, problems, etc.
- Must excel in the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and in speech, complex and nuanced investment subjects
- The ability to create compelling new sales ideas and stories, and to find new and better ways of working
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with many departments and organizational levels, particularly with Sales and index providers
Formal Education:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Completion of CFA program or an MBA is preferred
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related discipline
License/Registration/Certification:(minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course or IFIC course is required
- Completion of CAIA program would be beneficial
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1.800.874.6275 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability.
Job: Product Development Research & Management
Primary Location: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto-120 Bloor Street East
Req ID: 18429