Expedia Public Relations Specialist in Toronto, Ontario
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for the next communications rock stars! The Public Relations Specialist for Expedia will be a key member of the team, building programs and engaging media to shape our story with consumer press and influencers. This includes playing a key role in driving business and consumer PR for the flagship Expedia brand. If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling for one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
- Develop and implement public relations and communications plans that support the Expedia brand as we talk to consumers and business press
- Manage and influence internal stakeholders and partners as you project manage communications initiatives from development to release to ensure the strongest stories are told with appropriate use of resources
- Develop and implement travel data releases for major travel milestones to ensure Expedia is front and center in more coverage than major OTA and direct travel competitors and specifically ensure Expedia is at the center of all major travel milestones
- Develop programs to establish Expedia as thought leader as in the travel space
- Regularly interact with the media, including serving as a spokesperson for online, print, radio and television interviews and manage social media assets
- Collaborate with global PR team on development and roll-out of global PR programs
- Manage reactive PR issues that contribute the perceptions around the brand of the greater Expedia, Inc. business
- Exceptional teambuilding and interpersonal skills – including the ability to represent Expedia’s business at the highest levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated results in working with and leading the thinking of senior management required including ability to counsel executives regarding message content and delivery
- Comfortable with intense working environments and tight deadlines required. Ability to manage changing requirements as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time
- Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
- Expert level knowledge and demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, research and presentation creation, including the ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2+ years PR experience in an agency environment or agency/corporate environment mix required.
- Consumer product and/or travel industry experience preferred.
- Experience dealing with corporate-level issues management preferred.
- Media spokesperson experience a bonus.
- Media relations experience required (media reporting, media lists, etc.) with journalist references appreciated.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time