ARES Corporation QA Application Testing Analyst in Toronto, Ontario
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Product Development meetings to get informed on current and upcoming work and provide input/recommendations on Non-functional requirements, schedules, or potential problems regarding testability.
- Review and analyze Product Documentation to provide feedback/estimates.
- Review technical specifications and non-functional requirements to identify testing scope
- Provide feedback regarding the overall quality and completeness of available specifications to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Work with Product Development team to update and maintain the QA aspects of Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Create and execute manual test cases for ARES desktop and mobile products and their integration with supported partner products
- Define and create automated test cases based on requirements
- Accurately document defects in the defect tracking system.
- Report testing status/progress and issues to QA Lead.
- Occasionally interact with customers on reported issues
The successful candidate will:
- Actively participate in status, planning and retrospective meetings.
- Take ownership of features assigned to them for testing and be an advocate for quality throughout the development process.
- Maintain and follow software test agile methodology, processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with product team and stakeholders to define requirements.
- Offer expertise to other departments and ARES Customers as necessary to assist testing, documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Continually gain knowledge of the ARES Products and their components through hands-on experience.
- Engage in other tasks and duties as assigned or required.
- Proven track record with Manual Testing and Test Automation (Ranorex is an asset).
- Experience testing complex CRM/ERM solutions
- Good understanding of software testing processes and methodologies including Agile
- Hands on experience with Test Management solutions
- Operating Systems – Windows 8, Windows 10
- Databases – Oracle, MS SQL
- Familiar with Cloud based applications
- Good understanding in Cost and Project Management Principles is an asset.
- Working knowledge in Crystal Reports, Microsoft Project, Primavera is an asset
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational, and time management skills
- Must be able to work independently, multitask and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Fast learner and able to adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Strong and effective communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to interact with customers and employees in a timely and professional manner
- Team player
In order to be considered for this position you must have:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Testing.
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
ARES is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.