Fortive Corporation Software Developer in Toronto, Ontario
The Global Leader in automated monitoring, protection and control instrumentation and related solutions in electric generation, transmission and distribution systems by exceeding customer expectations for world class quality, delivery, and product value. Qualitrol was originally founded in 1945 and has been a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation a leading global manufacturer competing effectively through a focused strategy leveraging product value, quality and customer service since 1986. Specialties Supplier of Instruments, Controls and Monitors Utilized in the Electric Utility Transmission and Distribution Industry.
As a Software Developer you will be involved in the research and development of the product concept from basic specifications, determining the overall block diagram software design and system integration. This position is a great opportunity for hands-on experience developing and maintaining software for all IRIS Power products. The primary responsibilities of this role includes analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and modifying software applications. There is requirement of hardware functionality understanding and interaction with hardware team.
• Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of high quality product.
• Write product specifications and release documentation for all phases of product development from definition and design through implementation.
• Track the schedule and expenditure, and report variances to project manager. • Software requirements analysis.
• Develop software product architecture.
• Design of software systems and modules in compliance with hardware.
• Programming and unit testing.
• Develop test plans and test procedures.
• Maintain design documentation.
Degree or diploma in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or science.
• C/C /C#, .NET, MFC: 3 years minimum.
• Database design and programming experience, Access, SQL.
• Cloud Application.
• Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
• XAML, WPF.
• Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Cross-Platform compiler experience.
• Familiarity with TFS.
• Strong mathematics skills.
• Experience with data-acquisition and/or industrial control systems.
• Agile Scrum process is an asset.
• Microsoft Azure is an asset.
Communication: Excellent written and oral communication in English.
Physical Demands: Office setting, with long periods of sitting. May require travel outside of the country.
Mental Demands: Must be an excellent team player. Must have strong problem-solving skills and sense of urgency.
Working Conditions: Office environment.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Job: Research and Development / Scientific
Primary Location: North America-Canada-ON-Toronto
Req ID: FLU005162