IBM Sourcing Manager - Procurement in TORONTO, Ontario
These are Roles for experienced Candidates.75% - 90% of time will be travel to Client Sites across Canada for this role.
IBM is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals with comprehensive commercial strategic sourcing and Customer facing or consulting experience to join our team of procurement professionals. Specifically, we are seeking to fill the role of IPS Sourcing Manager. The IPS Sourcing Manager is the primary sourcing interface for our Customer and manages the delivery of the sourcing services across multiple categories and stakeholders. In addition, the IPS Sourcing Manager manages the Sourcing Consultant team at the account.
In addition to having excellent Customer-facing skills, the ideal candidate will have a minimum ten (10) years strategic sourcing experience for internal and external Customers. Since the majority of the work is performed at Customer locations (domestic and/or international), high travel is required each week (75% to 90%). Typically, the IPS Sourcing Manager is expected to be at the Customer site Monday through Thursday each week.
A core requirement for the position is specific commodity/category strategic sourcing experience and working knowledge in at least three of the following categories areas: Professional Services; HR Services; Contracted Labor; Facilities Operations; Design and Construction Services; Capital Equipment; MRO and Office Supplies; Telecommunications and Networking Equipment; Marketing Communications; IT Hardware, Software, and Services; Travel Services; Logistics; and Utilities and Energy.
Additionally, candidates must possess the following 4 key attributes for our business;
• Business analysis and strategic thinking skills.
• Communication and relationship building skills.
• Influencing and change management skills.
• Personal drive, initiative and commitment.
IPS Sourcing Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the overall sourcing Due Diligence activities
• Responsible for working with Sales on development a specific Customer strategic sourcing andcategory management solution
• Responsible for the final sourcing and category management solution for each Customer
• Responsible for the completion of all pre-contract sourcing solution activities
• Document risks and gaps for each Customer solution as well as action plans to close eachContract Delivery
• Responsible for all post contract sourcing delivery success
• Primary interface with the Customer on the realization of their strategic sourcing objectivesthrough implementation of transformational sourcing
• Responsible for staffing and managing appropriately skilled resources for the Customer account
• Manage Customer stakeholder identification, buy in, and escalations
• Ensure addressable spend is available and aligned with contract or renegotiate commitment
• Establish and manage Customer dependencies to ensure optimal delivery results
• Drive Customer approvals at each stage of the project sourcing process
• Drive compliance management activities to support Customer compliance
• Identify, own, deliver, and report on all contractually obligated sourcing service levels
• Ensure Customer satisfaction with the sourcing services
• Bachelor's Degree
• Readiness to travel 75% -90% travel annually (candidates must be able to travel up to 80% - 90% annually - up to 4.5 days per week across Canada)
- Location – Toronto preferred
• Language: Fluent in French Canadian is an asset
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Bachelor's Degree
• Readiness to travel 75% -90% travel annually
- Location – Toronto preferred
• Language: Fluent in French Canadian is an asse