BDO Talent Acquisition Specialist in Toronto, Ontario
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist to support our Greater Toronto Area offices. In this fast paced and challenging role, you will have the opportunity to provide talent acquisition expertise to our dynamic GTA office locations, work in partnership with the Human capital team, consult with business leaders to help define needs and talent requirements, develop and execute sourcing strategies that deliver high caliber talent and timely results.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Actively attract and qualify permanent, contract, campus and future pipeline candidates
• Foster relationships and develop social networks of highly skilled professionals
• Build on ongoing understanding of our industries and national/local markets to ensure LMR is a front runner in the war for talent
• Collaborate with the Human capital team and business line leaders to understand current and future talent requirements
• Working in partnership with Campus Talent Acquisition, develop actionable sourcing strategies which enable the attainment of business hiring plans requirements
• Research and develop internal and external candidate pipeline strategies for future roles
• Work in partnership with hiring managers/Partners and the Human capital team to clarify role specification and schedule interviews
• Consult on talent acquisition activities, best practices, candidates sourcing and recruitment strategies that support the goals and direction of the Firm
• Collaborate on the offer process
• Act as a brand ambassador, building and communicating the firm's employee value proposition
• Meet and exceed on-time delivery service level agreements for our clients
• Understand the financial goals of the business and contribute to reaching and exceeding those goals.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• A completed undergraduate degree with a focus on business or Human Resources plus 3-5 years’ experience in recruitment; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job Previous Agency and corporate recruitment experience required
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Human Resources, in staffing and recruitment
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships including confidential and tactful manner
• Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent coordination and organizational and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and with the team
• Proficiency and speed in the use of relevant computer software including MS Word and Excel, HRIS/HRMS, and performance and talent management systems
• Previous experience working for a professional services staffing firm or a big four will be considered an asset
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
System ID: 2016-4046
Job Type (EN): Full Time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Accounting and Auditing Services