BDO Tax Manager in Toronto, Ontario
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
The Toronto Centre office has an immediate opening for a Tax Manager. We seek qualified candidates who have demonstrated abilities to deal with sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are critical. This is a permanent full time opportunity.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for the review of tax files concentrating on domestic taxation with a focus on Canadian controlled private corporations and their shareholders with an opportunity to work with international taxation as well.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Offers tax planning and compliance services to a variety of clients including corporations, individuals, partnerships, and trusts
• Special engagements such as due diligence etc.
• Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memorandum
• Manages staff in the Tax group and provides daily guidance, coaching and develops their knowledge of Tax
• Provides Tax Training at internal and external professional tax skill development sessions
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Qualified Canadian CA with successful completion of the CICA In-depth Tax Course (level I & II at a minimum)
• Candidates with Accounting Designations including CMA, CGA & International CA’s will also be considered
• Minimum of 4-5 years experience in a Public Accounting Practice with a Tax Specialty
• Experience at the Manager level would be an asset Sound technical knowledge of Canadian Tax related issues
• Ability to manage client relationships well
• Motivated and diligent in maintaining current technical knowledge in the area of Tax
• Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Good computer skills with experience in MS Office, Caseware / Caseview and TaxPrep
• Solid knowledge of GAAP requirements for tax provisions including IFRS and ASPE
• Experience in reviewing corporate and personal tax returns
• Previous experience with corporate reorganizations and estate planning is highly desirable
• Previous managerial and/or supervisory experience is highly desirable
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
System ID: 2016-4035
Job Type (EN): Full Time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Accounting and Auditing Services