Aon Corporation Associate Account Executive; Construction Services Group [CSG] - Vancouver, BC (Job ID 2424437) in Vancouver, British Columbia
Aon Is Looking For An Associate Account Executive; Construction Services Group [CSG]
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Construction Services Group within Aon Reed Stenhouse in Vancouver, BC. As an Associate Account Executive, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President & Manager, Construction Services.
Your Impact As An Associate Account Executive; Construction Services Group [CSG]
- Receiving and processing client requests and reviewing documentation for routine policy changes, additions, deletions, renewals or cancellations;
- Under the direction of the principle Account Executive, servicing existing programs, defining routine risk exposure and providing first level advice on general policy coverages;
- Attending client meetings, including C-Suite and similar level clients;
- Managing the client renewal process and collaborating with all members of the client team on marketing requirements, deadlines and deliverables;
- Identifying specific client risk exposure and developing and presenting innovative coverage solutions in support of existing and new business growth;
- Developing and managing client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities;
- Establishing account specific service plans and delivery approaches which support coverage solutions and provide continued opportunity for Aon product / service exposure;
- Coordinating client information with the Broking Team (Broker, Associate Broker / Broking Coordinator) to initiate renewal process;
- Receiving policy contracts from the Broking Team, providing first level review to ensure apparent client needs have been met;
- Preparing client service summaries, program reports and client survey information for review by Service Team Management;
- May supervise the day to day administrative activities of the Account Coordinators and/or administrative members of the service team, as required;
- Reviewing endorsements, cover notes and certificates of insurance produced by the Broking Coordinator to ensure their accuracy and completion in support of the team’s service plan;
- Handling and servicing an assigned book of accounts;
- Leading by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- One (1) year of commercial insurance experience is required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused with proven relationship building skills;
- High business acumen and professional presentation skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of commercial insurance experience is preferred;
- Prior experience working with commercial construction clients would be an asset.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience
- General Insurance Level One (1) License required;
- General Insurance Level Two (2) License preferred;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications (i.e. Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) / Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)).
We Offer You:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/22/16
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: Canada, BC, Vancouver
Posted Date: 11/22/16