Amazon.com AWS Insights - Senior Software Development Engineer in Vancouver, British Columbia
Are you excited about delivering amazing customer experiences with an emphasis on performance and scale? We’re building the next generation of AWS cost analysis tools known as Cost Explorer, and need passionate engineers to join our team. We’re taking on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS. Our team owns customer billing and the associated cost management tools for one of the world's largest billing platforms. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce and deliver invoices to our customers via web, mobile, tablet, and data services. This represents billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, design, and deliver game changing experiences for customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people’s lives, and demonstrated experience delivering complex technology projects, will help you make strong business judgments.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 10+ years of Software Development experience;
• Consistent track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, Kanban)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Prior experience developing Business Intelligence or Analytics tools
• Experience with other languages such as Scala, R, Ruby and Python.
• Strong business and technical vision
• A deep understanding of software development
• Extraordinary customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
AMZR Req ID: 458294