Aon Corporation Health and Benefits Consultant (Vancouver) in Vancouver, British Columbia
Aon Is Looking For a*Health and Benefits Consultant (Vancouver)*
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt, in our Vancouver, British Columbia Office.
As a Consultant, you will provide clients with benefits consulting services,develop your technical skills, and support activities to drive revenue growth and profitability across Aon’s health and benefits practice
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Consultant
- Providing consulting services and senior analytical support to a wide range of small and mid-market clients;
- Providing technical advice/expertise for client projects (plan design, financial and underwriting review, flexible benefits pricing, insurance carrier reviews, etc), including preparing letters and reports;
- Continually reviewing client accounts and relationships and recommending ways to enhance the value Aon brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client's business and insight into industry trends;
- Providing analysis of clients’ financial and underwriting results, and other related group benefit projects;
- Identifying gaps between client needs and existing Aon services; proposing and developing service enhancements, adding to Aon’s product/service portfolio and intellectual capital;
- Establishing strong working relationships internally with peers / team to collaborate and partner on issues;
- Initiating and participating in new business opportunities;
- Actively participating in internal and external initiatives that will raise Aon’s and your personal profile in the business community;
- Independently identifying and initiating activities to ensure client satisfaction and improve quality of client services focused on new revenue opportunities;
- Writing/delivering client presentations/meetings/industry seminars that are well-prepared, powerful and persuasive; and
- Establishing and using broad network of external contacts to gain insight into client service expectations and share knowledge across the team.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum of five years of direct experience in a consulting/insurance environment;
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and client teams;
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client/business issues;
- Ability to establish relationships with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short/long term needs of clients, identifying business development opportunities and negotiating and closing consulting assignments;
- Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services;
- Ability to provide technical expertise and act as an effective mentor and coach and role model for practice members;
- Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of Aon; and
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Business or Commerce or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience; and
- Commitment to professional development. Completion of CEBS or FLMI or LOMA or ASA or ACIA is preferred, but not required; and
- Completion of Life License is required.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visitaon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posted Date: 11/30/16
Location: Canada, BC, Vancouver
Posted Date: 11/30/16